Difference between revisions of "SAC Meeting-2020-03"

From OSGeo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 23: Line 23:
 
** Meeting formats
 
** Meeting formats
 
* osgeo3 -- plans of what to put on it.  
 
* osgeo3 -- plans of what to put on it.  
 +
* plan for https://repo.osgeo.org - fresh install of nexus with OSGeo ldap integration
 
* New System contracts needed - general sys adm, Wiki ldap/integration
 
* New System contracts needed - general sys adm, Wiki ldap/integration
 
* Plan for Wiki upgrade and LDAP/Wiki integration
 
* Plan for Wiki upgrade and LDAP/Wiki integration

Revision as of 21:40, 19 March 2020

Where and When

  • in IRC on Freenode, channel: osgeo-sac

Meetings Happened

2020-03-01

Status

  • DONE: osgeo3 New hardware installed.
  • DONE: setup osgeo3 as lxd host
  • TODO: Setup Bacula (need some thoughts on best way to go about this since osgeo7 is not setup quite the same and for some containers seems overkill to install a bacular fd client -wildintellect thinks we may not need this since we have snapshot daily backups on osgeo7 and container backups on osgeo4
  • TODO: Wiki is old and needs to be replaced the MySQL 5.5 EOL'd a couple of years ago for one.
  • TODO: 2339 Load balance download.osgeo.org using ftp.osuosl.org/osgeo/download - jef mentioned this Nginx load balancing redirect
  • TODO: Grab flickr photos (Brian Hamlin working on this - setup a gallery container with debian10+ldap+docker on osgeo4 and gave him admin rights)
 Should we use nextcloud for final resting place of photos or is there a better tool?  Seems like current might be too early in infancy to work for us.
 DONE: Regina to setup nextcloud on gallery container
  • TODO: 2405 dedicated Ubuntu 18.04 for osgeo-live project
  • INPROGRESS: 2410 Plan out repo management maven, docker - have nexus setup on osgeo3 https://repo.osgeo.org

Agenda

  • Best time for future meetings
    • Meeting formats
  • osgeo3 -- plans of what to put on it.
  • plan for https://repo.osgeo.org - fresh install of nexus with OSGeo ldap integration
  • New System contracts needed - general sys adm, Wiki ldap/integration
  • Plan for Wiki upgrade and LDAP/Wiki integration
  • live.osgeo.org migration to its own container (talking with kalax)
  • Shared / Project resources for windows/mac building (discussed need - no firm plans as to direction yet)
  • #2410 nexus repo to replace webdav maven repo
  • #2416 domain names from planet federal (geoserver.org, geonode.org,...)
  • recruitment ideas - publicize need on slack sys_admin geospatial, try to merge the need with Shared / Project resources mac building item

Other topics

SAC main page