Difference between revisions of "SAC Meeting 2017-05-20"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
(Funding sysadmin work)
(adding and more details)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
= Agenda =
 
= Agenda =
  
Please list the meeting topics, and link to relevant SAC tickets when possible. Meeting will be for assigning tasks, updating status, and voting. Majority of discussions should happen on the mailing list and IRC in before and after meetings.
+
Please list the meeting topics, and link to relevant SAC tickets when possible. Meeting will be for assigning tasks, updating status, and voting. Majority of discussions should happen on the mailing list and IRC in before and after meetings. Estimated 30-60 minutes.
  
Time and Date to be set via email list poll.
+
Time and Date set via email list poll.
 +
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2016&month=5&day=20&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=217&p2=37&p3=248&p4=914
  
 
== Current ==
 
== Current ==
  
* SSL certificate
+
* SSL certificate Update
* Budget Breakdown -
+
* [[SAC:Budget|Budget]] Report
 
** What we've spent the last few years.
 
** What we've spent the last few years.
 
** Upcoming costs
 
** Upcoming costs
Line 17: Line 18:
 
*** QGIS VM - run's their bugtracker (up for retirement)
 
*** QGIS VM - run's their bugtracker (up for retirement)
 
** Virtualization, Docker, or some other Sandbox
 
** Virtualization, Docker, or some other Sandbox
* urgently clean up [[SAC Service Status]]
+
** Plan for replacing OSGeo3 next year
 +
* Versioning Configuration files
 +
* Clean up wiki pages
 +
** [[SAC Service Status]]
 +
** [[SAC:LDAP]]
 +
** Mailing lists
 +
** Backups
 +
** Configuration
 
* Expand download area capacity ( TODO: Link OSUOSL discussion on dedicated download cluster service )
 
* Expand download area capacity ( TODO: Link OSUOSL discussion on dedicated download cluster service )
 +
  
 
== Future ==
 
== Future ==
Line 34: Line 43:
 
* HTTPS option for all hosted sites
 
* HTTPS option for all hosted sites
 
** Using letsencrypt certificates
 
** Using letsencrypt certificates
** Targe foss4g archives 1st
+
** Target foss4g archives 1st
  
 
== Funding sysadmin work ==
 
== Funding sysadmin work ==
Line 43: Line 52:
 
  * Nominate an emergency response retainer
 
  * Nominate an emergency response retainer
 
  * Set up a Time and Material contract
 
  * Set up a Time and Material contract
 +
* Set up a Proposal and Bid system
  
 
Questions:
 
Questions:

Revision as of 21:19, 19 May 2016

Agenda

Please list the meeting topics, and link to relevant SAC tickets when possible. Meeting will be for assigning tasks, updating status, and voting. Majority of discussions should happen on the mailing list and IRC in before and after meetings. Estimated 30-60 minutes.

Time and Date set via email list poll. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2016&month=5&day=20&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=217&p2=37&p3=248&p4=914

Current

  • SSL certificate Update
  • Budget Report
    • What we've spent the last few years.
    • Upcoming costs
    • What's left
  • Hardware Migration
    • Finish moving things off OSGeo4 and retire
      • Adhoc - Mapserver Demo, SpatailReference.org, ?
      • QGIS VM - run's their bugtracker (up for retirement)
    • Virtualization, Docker, or some other Sandbox
    • Plan for replacing OSGeo3 next year
  • Versioning Configuration files
  • Clean up wiki pages
  • Expand download area capacity ( TODO: Link OSUOSL discussion on dedicated download cluster service )


Future

  • Paid Proposal System - Formalize a method for proposing tasks that require payment to make it happen in a timely manner.
    • Method for taking proposals on tasks
    • Method for soliciting vendors to fulfill tasks
    • Method for approving bids that minimizes conflict of interest (SAC members may sometimes bid)
  • LDAP
    • Merging LDAP/Wiki logins
    • LDAP user facing password reset (via email tokens)
    • Implementing OpenID so github, launchpad, google etc, work with OSGeo IDs
  • OWASP security implementation
  • Anti spam measures, and automated detection
  • HTTPS option for all hosted sites
    • Using letsencrypt certificates
    • Target foss4g archives 1st

Funding sysadmin work

The SAC Chair (Alex Mandel) suggested to write down possible handling of payed sysadmin work. It was suggested:

* Nominate an emergency response retainer
* Set up a Time and Material contract
* Set up a Proposal and Bid system

Questions:

* How do we solicit bids ?
   strk> a call for interest on SAC list (priority line), on discuss list if needed (second choice)
* How much to reserve for such contract ?
   strk> current budget seems too low to allow for a new contract, so I think we should be asking for more