Difference between revisions of "SAC Meeting 2018-05-10"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
(Agenda)
Line 12: Line 12:
 
* osgeo6 mysterious malware looking coin mining process under geotools.  Next steps. [https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/sac/2018-May/010017.html]  
 
* osgeo6 mysterious malware looking coin mining process under geotools.  Next steps. [https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/sac/2018-May/010017.html]  
  
TODO: Put in a trac ticket for Martin to investigate and check for other trojans
+
DONE: Put in a trac ticket for Martin to investigate and check for other trojans [https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2162]
  
All people with shell access should change their passwords and only log in with ssh key.
+
TODO: All people with shell access should change their passwords and only log in with ssh key.
 
    
 
    
 
* FunToo container (osgeo.host.funtoo.org) - we have one and should start building nextcloud, weblate etc. containers
 
* FunToo container (osgeo.host.funtoo.org) - we have one and should start building nextcloud, weblate etc. containers
 +
  DONE: https://nextcloud.osgeo.org is up, currently set to allow all OSGeo LDAP authenticated users to upload
 +
  TODO: Setup an LDAP group for nextcloud use and add people (e.g. all board members), alternatively use existing groups we have (couldn't find board ldap group)
 
** Nextcloud, what do we need to test, before we can deploy to meet [[Board of Directors File Sharing Requirements|Board's request for sync+share storage]] replacement of Dropbox
 
** Nextcloud, what do we need to test, before we can deploy to meet [[Board of Directors File Sharing Requirements|Board's request for sync+share storage]] replacement of Dropbox
 +
 +
TODO: board members should start testing.  Note we'll eventually move this to OSGeo7 once OSGeo7 server arrives
  
 
* Wiki LDAP integration (how do we move forward) wrt to approaches what are we willing to put up with [https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/165 165]
 
* Wiki LDAP integration (how do we move forward) wrt to approaches what are we willing to put up with [https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/165 165]
 +
** TODO: Martin Spott to provide backup of database, or give me (robe) sudo access to so I can pull the postgres backup myself and inspect difficulty of doing the legacy_<username> -> ldap we discussed.
 +
** TODO: Martin Spott and TemptorSent explore logistics of setting up a sandbox we can test.
 +
  
 
* OSGeo Website new Friends page
 
* OSGeo Website new Friends page
 +
* Website glitches (sponsors page, local chapters)
 +
  ** DONE robe has put the staging.www.osgeo.org / www.osgeo.org under gitea control so pushes to gitea will push to respective website.
 +
    master -> www.osgeo.org,  staging -> staging.www.osgeo.org (also refreshed the staging db and upload files so both sites are pretty much same now)
 +
  **  TODO: start doing the changes fixing website glitches (sponsors page, local chapters, and setting up friends page) in staging using GI.  Jody to get GI working on the glitches
 +
  **  TODO: robe will try to do the Friends page.
  
 
* GeoForAll meeting document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13z3UZiAey95x09xILecA-Cn2zKkx3ZOO0xPdEnUt-lk/edit [https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2144 2144 redirect to osgeo from geoforall] Before much can be done DNS needs to be transfered so we can start redirecting
 
* GeoForAll meeting document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13z3UZiAey95x09xILecA-Cn2zKkx3ZOO0xPdEnUt-lk/edit [https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2144 2144 redirect to osgeo from geoforall] Before much can be done DNS needs to be transfered so we can start redirecting
  
* Website glitches (sponsors page, local chapters)
 
 
* Discuss what to do once we have new hardware in place
 
* Discuss what to do once we have new hardware in place
 +
  ** TODO: TemptorSent and wildintellect to setup wiki page detailing how OSGeo7 will be set up once it comes in (expected arrival another week or 2)
  
 
=== Attendance ===
 
=== Attendance ===

Revision as of 06:09, 12 May 2018

Where and When

Agenda

  • Talk about hardware plans
    • Check status of hardware, Order was placed/paid 4/30/2018
    • hopefully we would have received, No shipping info yet
  • osgeo6 mysterious malware looking coin mining process under geotools. Next steps. [1]

DONE: Put in a trac ticket for Martin to investigate and check for other trojans [2]

TODO: All people with shell access should change their passwords and only log in with ssh key.

  • FunToo container (osgeo.host.funtoo.org) - we have one and should start building nextcloud, weblate etc. containers
 DONE: https://nextcloud.osgeo.org is up, currently set to allow all OSGeo LDAP authenticated users to upload
 TODO: Setup an LDAP group for nextcloud use and add people (e.g. all board members), alternatively use existing groups we have (couldn't find board ldap group)
TODO: board members should start testing.  Note we'll eventually move this to OSGeo7 once OSGeo7 server arrives
  • Wiki LDAP integration (how do we move forward) wrt to approaches what are we willing to put up with 165
** TODO: Martin Spott to provide backup of database, or give me (robe) sudo access to so I can pull the postgres backup myself and inspect difficulty of doing the legacy_<username> -> ldap we discussed.
** TODO: Martin Spott and TemptorSent explore logistics of setting up a sandbox we can test.


  • OSGeo Website new Friends page
  • Website glitches (sponsors page, local chapters)
 ** DONE robe has put the staging.www.osgeo.org / www.osgeo.org under gitea control so pushes to gitea will push to respective website.
    master -> www.osgeo.org,  staging -> staging.www.osgeo.org (also refreshed the staging db and upload files so both sites are pretty much same now)
 **   TODO: start doing the changes fixing website glitches (sponsors page, local chapters, and setting up friends page) in staging using GI.  Jody to get GI working on the glitches
 **   TODO: robe will try to do the Friends page.
  • Discuss what to do once we have new hardware in place
 ** TODO: TemptorSent and wildintellect to setup wiki page detailing how OSGeo7 will be set up once it comes in (expected arrival another week or 2)

Attendance

Transcript

[Transcript] Transcript

Next Meeting

Proposed Time: Sunday May 27th 2018 20 UTC

SAC main page