Difference between revisions of "SAC Meeting 2018-07-12"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
(Talk about hardware plans)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
+
== Started 2018-07-05 will continue 2018-07-12 ==
 
== Where and When ==
 
== Where and When ==
 
* in IRC on Freenode, channel: osgeo-sac  [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2018&month=7&day=12&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=217&p2=37&p3=43 Thursday Jul 12th 2018 20 UTC]
 
* in IRC on Freenode, channel: osgeo-sac  [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2018&month=7&day=12&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=217&p2=37&p3=43 Thursday Jul 12th 2018 20 UTC]

Revision as of 13:19, 5 July 2018

Started 2018-07-05 will continue 2018-07-12

Where and When

Agenda

Postgres Security

Trac is currently running under super user and with local trust - plan create new trac_admin, GRANT ALL to existing objects, ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES GRANT ALL to trac_admin. Change trac authentication to user passwords and new trac_admin account.

Talk about hardware plans

  • Our new hardware has landed. Need to fill in Wiki page and get started doing something with it SAC_Service_Status#osgeo_7.
  • We need to flesh out the setup details and start setting it up Osgeo7.

FunToo container (osgeo.host.funtoo.org) -Nextcloud

    • DONE? Setup an LDAP group for nextcloud use and add people (e.g. all board members), alternatively use existing groups we have (couldn't find board ldap group)

Nextcloud,

Wiki LDAP integration

  • (how do we move forward) wrt to approaches what are we willing to put up with 165
    • TODO: Martin Spott and TemptorSent explore logistics of setting up a sandbox we can test.

OSGeo Website topics

- anything outstanding SAC needs to be involved in?

  • from last week:
    • TODO (sponsors): close the related issues with Jive.
      • Never saw Jive on the IRC
  • Gravatar is now used in following pages: members page, board page

GeoForAll meeting document

Attendance

jul 5

  • cvvergara
  • robe2
  • jmckenna
  • MartinSpott
  • strk
  • jodygarnett
  • wildintellect

Minutes jul5

http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo-sac/%23osgeo-sac.2018-07-05.log

Talk about hardware plans

  • Osgeo7
    • Ubuntu 16.04 or Ubuntu 18.04 ?
    • https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/sac/2018-July/010196.html
      • robe2 opinion: I tend to prefer Debian than Ubuntu just because well I think Debian folks tend to have their act together more than Ubuntu, but there is the ZFS support is better on Ubuntu and the whole licensing thing as I recall is a thorn in Debian which is why it's not built in

Concerning the pgsql security related

cannot reach http://download.osgeo.org/webdav/geotools

Transcript

Transcript

Next Meeting

Proposed Time: Sunday Jul 22nd 2018 7 UTC

SAC main page