Difference between revisions of "SAC Meeting 2019-01"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
(Talk about hardware plans)
(Agenda: Budget)
Line 20: Line 20:
 
* FTP mirror on OSUOSL hardware, do we want an to push or pull with rsync or other method. TODO: make sure there's a ticket.
 
* FTP mirror on OSUOSL hardware, do we want an to push or pull with rsync or other method. TODO: make sure there's a ticket.
  
=== System Contracts ===
+
=== Budget ===
 +
 
 +
* We need to make a 2019 Budget to submit to the board. [https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:Budget#2019_.28Proposed.29 2019 Proposal]
 +
* [https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:Budget#2018_.28Proposed.29 2018] - How much did we actually spend?
 +
** Only 1 contract partly used
 +
** OSUOSL donation never happened because board wanted to add more $ but never voted on it?
 +
 
 +
==== System Contracts ====
 
*  Martin's contract is half used, hope he can continue, but might require extension of period of service.  
 
*  Martin's contract is half used, hope he can continue, but might require extension of period of service.  
 
*  New contracts both Vicky and I would like to have contracts - Vicky for supporting Wordpress www.osgeo.org, I for supporting new lxd system and setting up new apps on it
 
*  New contracts both Vicky and I would like to have contracts - Vicky for supporting Wordpress www.osgeo.org, I for supporting new lxd system and setting up new apps on it
Line 33: Line 40:
 
* [https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2199 #2199 Upload FOSS4G PDF] Waiting for feedback from Studio 17
 
* [https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2199 #2199 Upload FOSS4G PDF] Waiting for feedback from Studio 17
 
* [https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2195 Blog account for Astride - this should be on www.osgeo.org? Asked for clarification
 
* [https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2195 Blog account for Astride - this should be on www.osgeo.org? Asked for clarification
 +
* Domain Renewals (needs ticket)
  
 
=== Other topics ===
 
=== Other topics ===

Revision as of 12:17, 3 January 2019

Where and When

Meetings Happened

Agenda

Talk about hardware plans

  • 2205 Regina completed install of Ubuntu 18.04.1 on OSGeo7 on Samsung drive and also installed zfsutils-linux and lxd.
   Regina completed install of nginx lxd container, and nextcloud.osgeo.org (which proxies thru the nginx container), started setting up a debian10 lxd container for ssh access (not completed), docker container completed but tried to load a huge docker container (for collabora which didn't work out so ended up doing a collabora container.  In theory docker should work fine with lxd)
   Also set up a collabora container that allows nextcloud.osgeo.org to be able to edit office documents online
  • To do people should start testing nextcloud
  • FTP mirror on OSUOSL hardware, do we want an to push or pull with rsync or other method. TODO: make sure there's a ticket.

Budget

  • We need to make a 2019 Budget to submit to the board. 2019 Proposal
  • 2018 - How much did we actually spend?
    • Only 1 contract partly used
    • OSUOSL donation never happened because board wanted to add more $ but never voted on it?

System Contracts

  • Martin's contract is half used, hope he can continue, but might require extension of period of service.
  • New contracts both Vicky and I would like to have contracts - Vicky for supporting Wordpress www.osgeo.org, I for supporting new lxd system and setting up new apps on it

Open tickets needing attention

Other topics

  • are we feeling ok now with the cracked geotools account on osgeo6?
  • We need to change the passwords, and move to key only login
  • confirmed password auth is now off
  • we should clean the keys and deploy new ones
  • geotools should create new keys and supply the public key.


SAC main page