SAC Meeting 2019-03
Where and When
- in IRC on Freenode, channel: osgeo-sac
- OSGeo7 - bacula setup, planning to start this this weekend
- OSGeo7 - next steps download.osgeo.org move - should we rsync the old first or have OUOSL do it after we've moved (note I have new container setup and put bottle.download.osgeo.org on it. I set on a non-standard ssh port. Will this work for everyone or should we use 22.
- OSGeo7 issue with seeing real ip - 2 ways to go - upgrade to LXD 3.4 or fiddle with IP tables. I haven't had much luck with IP tables
Talk about hardware plans
- Regina completed install of nginx lxd container, and nextcloud.osgeo.org (which proxies thru the nginx container), set up a debian9 lxd container for ssh access but shut it down until we decide what to do with it.
- docker template container completed and used to build dronie server / agent
- Discovered nginx the way currently set up can't see external ip - need to do differently than just proxying port which means we'll need a dedicated IP for nginx *UPDATE* supposedly LXD 3.0 does support nginx proxy pass ip feature, so might be fine the way it is and just need to tweak some settings
- Can we ask OSUOSL for an extra ip
NEXT STEPS: For robe - setup container downloads.osgeo.org (will be based off of the debian9 ssh image) (for testing first with no data) and with nginx will require LDAP ssh
- Details of what's done so far on SAC_Service_Status#osgeo_7.
- FTP mirror on OSUOSL hardware, do we want an to push or pull with rsync or other method. [ticket](https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2235).
- OSUOSL donation and FunToo donation are we set?
- FunToo submitted to monthly payment plan, did treasurer figure it out?
- OSUOSL, need to submit request to treasurer.
- Regina has a draft contract would like to go over - added ticket numbers and slated things for contract
- Contract forwarded to OSGeo for signatures.
- New contract for Vicky for supporting Wordpress www.osgeo.org,
- TODO: Draft contract and discuss
- LDAP+SSH Keys
- Migrating OSGeo Wiki Logins to OSGeo LDAP
Open tickets needing attention
- 2019.foss4g.org needs oauth with github - 22228 wildintellect should close if no further feedback from requester [CLOSED]
- https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2190 (Vicky has in progress, needs feedback) [DONE still need feedback? ] - Assume DONE DONE
- maybe we could also setup a domain like elections.osgeo.org too
- important that only CRO has access to elections stuff
- #2199 Upload FOSS4G PDF Waiting for feedback from Studio 17 -CLOSED because of lack of response
- [https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2195 Blog account for Astride - this should be on www.osgeo.org? Asked for clarification - CLOSED because of lack of response
- Domain Renewals (needs ticket)
- are we feeling ok now with the cracked geotools account on osgeo6?
- We need to change the passwords, and move to key only login
- the question is how to deploy the keys
- One or all 4 keys? (4??)
- Add support for registering public user SSH keys in LDAP: https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2116
- confirmed password auth is now off
- we should clean the keys and deploy new ones
- geotools should create new keys and supply the public key.