SAC Meeting 2019-08
Where and When
- in IRC on Freenode, channel: osgeo-sac
- osgeo4 #1940 - osgeo4 has been shutoff since all VMS have been moved off of it. we need to put in new drives so we can reformat it reformat and install lxd as a backup for osgeo7 and also so we can install experimental lxd containers like drone bots etc.
STATUS: New drives have been ordered -- Sent a note to OSUOSL to see if they have put in the new hardware
- #2314 Both osgeo3 and osgeo 4 need new power supplies
STATUS: New power supplies have been ordered, are they in place?
Since last we spoke secure, adhoc, old-web (which houses id.osgeo.org) have been moved to osgeo7. adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org now points to osgeo7 Also setup a grass container which neteler is configuring to replace the current grass on osgeo6 (WIP at https://nbozon.github.io/GRASS-GIS/)
- Website slow -- still very slow particularly heavy content pages like https://www.osgeo.org/projects/grass-gis/ (took 45 seconds to load)
-- Alex noted that the libavatar calls are each taking a second each so that could be one bottleneck
- TODO: Setup Bacula (need some thoughts on best way to go about this since osgeo7 is not setup quite the same and for some containers seems overkill to install a bacular fd client
- TODO: Wiki is old and needs to be replaced the MySQL 5.5 EOL'd a couple of years ago for one.
- jef noticed /proc/uptime no longer works on osgeo containers. osgeo7 is asking for reboot which will probably fix the issue. I noted rebooting a container fixes the issue for that container.
- OSUOSL donation and FunToo donation are we set?
- FunToo submitted to monthly payment plan, did treasurer figure it out?
- OSUOSL, need to submit request to treasurer. - Request was made June 27, need confirmation
- DONE Regina -- Second contract in place
- LDAP+SSH Keys
- Migrating OSGeo Wiki Logins to OSGeo LDAP
Open tickets needing attention
- ``DONE`` geotools should create new keys and supply the public key.