SAC Meeting 2019-10
Where and When
- in IRC on Freenode, channel: osgeo-sac
- STATUS tracsvn has been moved to osgeo7.
- DONE: www performance okay now after removing libavatar
- Performance issues left with www - website seems faster now on osgeo7 https://www.osgeo.org/projects/grass-gis/ (now loads in under 10 seconds for me, before took 45 seconds)
Alex noted that the libavatar calls are each taking a second each so that could be one bottleneck. Some images are very big DONE: 2019-09-12 meeting was focused on issues with www site. jodygarnette observed QGIS was timing out giving 500. Libavatar-replace showing lots of errors in apache logs Disabling libavatar-replace plugin seemed to fix the QGIS issue, also sped up viewing of Admin-users screen. Also ramped up memory to 8GB. Performance seems good now.
- Moving other servers - rest of old-www. I'm planning to finish old-www next and then follow with wiki.
- DONE: moved wiki completely to osgeo7 - imaged it as container old-wiki
- TODO: Setup Bacula (need some thoughts on best way to go about this since osgeo7 is not setup quite the same and for some containers seems overkill to install a bacular fd client
- TODO: Wiki is old and needs to be replaced the MySQL 5.5 EOL'd a couple of years ago for one.
- TODO: 2339 Load balance download.osgeo.org using ftp.osuosl.org/osgeo/download - jef mentioned this Nginx load balancing redirect
- OSUOSL donation and FunToo donation are we set?
- FunToo submitted to monthly payment plan, did treasurer figure it out?
- OSUOSL, need to submit request to treasurer. - Request was made June 27, need confirmation
- DONE Regina -- Second contract in place
- LDAP+SSH Keys
- Migrating OSGeo Wiki Logins to OSGeo LDAP
Open tickets needing attention
- Domain Renewals (needs ticket) Is GDAL all set?