This page will contain an outline for a 5 ECTS credit course on spatial hydrology. The course will be offered spring 2007 at [TKK]. The students are assumed to have basic understanding of both hydrology and geoinformatics.
After the course student
- understands that hydrological processes are dependent on land cover
- understands the effect of terrain on hydrological processes
- knows about various types of geospatial data and their usability in hydrological analysis
- understands the effect of spatial scale on hydrological processes
- is able to delineate watersheds from terrain data and understands uncertainties involved in such a procedure
- is able to compute hydrological indicators (flow path length etc...) from terrain data
- is aware of different spatial descriptions in hydrological modeling
- knows about cases how geospatial data has been used in hydrological engineering projects
The course is designed to consist of 12 sessions, each 2 to 3 hours.