- 1 The German National Library of Science and Technology (TIB)
The German National Library of Science and Technology (TIB)
The TIB is the German National Library of Science and Technology, as well as architecture, chemistry, computer science, mathematics and physics. In its specialist fields it provides national and international researchers and industry practitioners and – as a University Library – students, researchers and teaching staff from all faculties of Leibniz Universität Hannover as well as interested local citizens with literature and information in both printed and electronic form. The library has outstanding collections of fundamental and highly specialised literature on science and technology. TIB conducts applied research and development to optimise the services it offers.
TIB conducts applied research and development to optimise the services it offers. In cooperation with research facilities, emphasis is placed on the topics of visual search, the visualisation of data, future internet and semantic web. By allocating DOI names (digital object identifiers) and ensuring they can be detected and accessed at WWW.TIB.EU, TIB safeguards the quality, long-term availability and referencability of research data.
TIB runs a web-based platform for quality-tested scientific videos from the realms of technology/engineering, architecture, chemistry, information technology, mathematics and physics, the TIB AV-Portal. A key feature of the portal is the use of different automated video analyses that allow the search in the spoken and written word. All videos are assigned a clear citation link (DOI) and digitally preserved.
If you have any questions regarding the publication process, please contact:
- Tolga Karaarslan
- E-Mail: tolga.karaarslan (at) tib.eu
- Lars Gottschalk
- E-Mail: lars.gottschalk (at) tib.eu
- Open Source GIS - GRASS User Conference Trento 2002 (45 videos)
- FOSS4G Nottingham 2013 (95 videos)
- FOSS4G Portland 2014 (188 videos)
- FOSS4G Seoul 2015 (182 videos)
- FOSS4G Bonn 2016 (193 videos)
- FOSSGIS Konferenz 2011 : Heidelberg, 05. - 07. April 2011 (24 videos)
- FOSSGIS Konferenz 2012 : Dessau, 20. - 22. März 2012 (47 videos)
- FOSSGIS Konferenz 2013 : Rapperswil, 12. - 14. Juni 2013 (30 videos)
- FOSSGIS Konferenz 2014 : Berlin, 19. - 21. März 2014 (71 videos)
- FOSSGIS Konferenz 2015: Münster, 11. - 13. März 2015 (69 videos)
- FOSSGIS Konferenz 2016: Salzburg 04. - 06. Juli 2016 (56 videos)
- FOSSGIS Konferenz 2017: Passau 22. - 25. März 2017 (68 videos)
Media Partner of OSGeo Conferences
TIB is happy to support OSGeo Conferences by hosting conference recordings and is grateful if you list TIB as a media partner. TIB is media partner of FOSS4G 2017 in Boston and the German language local chapter FOSSGIS 2017. If you want to add TIB as a media partner, contact Bastian Drees. He will provide you with a Logo and the necessary information.
Digital object identifiers (DOI) can be used to ensure that scientific results such as research data, publications and videos can easily be accessed in the long term. The TIB registers DOI names for research data, non-textual material i.e. video, pictures or 3D models, grey literature and articles in Open Access journals.
TIB Labs: technology proving ground
TIB continues to extend their range of web-based services. New technologies related to video retrieval will be first made available through the TIB Labs page
Linked Open Data Dumps
TIB provides monthly dumps of all metadata related to videos as linked open data from this page. It also includes examples about the data structuring and how to set up an instance of the blazegraph software to analyse the data. Beware that the data dumps can be very very large. All metadata related to OSGeo videos resides in the "Information Technology" dump.