Talk:FOSS4G 2016 Code Sprint
Sprint Info for OSGeo Funding
A request for supporting a sprint by OSGeo should include the following information about the event and the funding model for it:
- Have a look at the sprint page: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2016_Code_Sprint
- Audience: how many people are expected? - +- 120
- Region: is the sprint localized to a specific region? - Bonn, Codesprint is scheduled before and after FOSS54G 2016
- Projects: is the sprint to work on just one specific project, or is it for multiple projects? - all OSGeo projects
- Length: how many days will the sprint cover? sunday-thursday and saturday-sunday (2.5 + 1.5 = 4 days)
- Venue: where will the sprint be held? will food be provided? will overnight lodging be provided?
- Basecamp Bonn
- overnight lodging is not provided. Participants have to pay for the lodging. Only food and drinks are provided
- Where is the prospective budget published? Provide a link to a publicly accessible resource (e.g. wiki). The prospective budget shall list the levels/amounts of forecasted sponsorship, and show that OSGeo is providing matching funds (see Sponsorship Criteria below).
NEED THIS IN OUR WIKI!!!
The budget shall contain the following information:
- what is the expected registration fee, if any, for each attendee?
- there is no fee
- what is the expected amount of third-party sponsorships?
- we asked FOSSGIS e.V. for sponsoring too, looks like they donate between 5k Euro
- what in-kind donations are expected (such as donated use of a conference room)?
- no extra costs for the room, as long as all basecamp (~70 beds) is occupied by Code sprint people, if not, we have to pay for the not-booked beds -> no extra costs, as all beds are booked
- what is the desired amount of OSGeo sponsorship?
- 7500 €
- what is the expected cost per attendee, for travel, lodging, and food?
- food and drinks 20.000€ including snacks as it is August and we have to buy the drinks from the venue, we calculated with a 5k €/day flat charge, this is 41€ pe4r Person per day
- what is the expected cost for the venue (such as conference room, wifi support, snacks, etc.)?
- no extra costs for room and wifi, snacks are included in the price of the food (see above)
Kosten 100 Pers. 120 Pers
Sonntag 20 2000 2400 Montag 32 3200 3840 Dienstag 32 3200 3840 Samstag 32 3200 3840 Sonntag 20 2000 2400 13600 16320 Accommodation 1750 1750 Total 15350 18070
|Day||costs||100 persons||120 persons|
|Costs extra electricity||??||??|
|Costs extra internet||??||??|
Profit / Loss / Risk
- What is the expected profit of the event, if any? where will any surplus money go?
- community building, work on OSGeo projects by taking the chance, that a lot of dev's are at FOSS4G anyway
- Under what circumstances might the event incur a loss? how will this risk be mitigated?
- if not all accommodations in basecamp Bonn are occupied, we'd have to pay for the not booked beds