Talk:FOSS4G 2016 Code Sprint
Revision as of 23:18, 17 February 2016 by Astrid Emde
Costs and Budget
- The prospective budget shall list the levels/amounts of forecasted sponsorship,
- and show that OSGeo is providing matching funds (see Sponsorship Criteria below).
Sprint Info for OSGeo Funding
A request for supporting a sprint by OSGeo should include the following information about the event and the funding model for it:
- Have a look at the sprint page: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2016_Code_Sprint
- Audience: how many people are expected? - +- 120
- Region: is the sprint localized to a specific region? - Bonn, FOSS54G 2016
- Projects: is the sprint to work on just one specific project, or is it for multiple projects? - all OSGeo projects
- Length: how many days will the sprint cover? sunday-thursday and saturday-sunday (2.5 + 1.5 = 4 days)
- Venue: where will the sprint be held? will food be provided? will overnight lodging be provided?
- Basecamp Bonn
- overnight lodging is not provided. Participants have to pay for the lodging. Only food and drinks are provided
- Where is the prospective budget published? Provide a link to a publicly accessible resource (e.g. wiki). The prospective budget shall list the levels/amounts of forecasted sponsorship, and show that OSGeo is providing matching funds (see Sponsorship Criteria below).
The budget shall contain the following information:
- what is the expected registration fee, if any, for each attendee? - no fee
- what is the expected amount of third-party sponsorships? - we asked FOSSGIS e.V. for sponsoring too
- what in-kind donations are expected (such as donated use of a conference room)? - no costs for the room
- what is the desired amount of OSGeo sponsorship? 5000 € minimum
- what is the expected cost per attendee, for travel, lodging, and food?
- food 20.000 including snacks
- what is the expected cost for the venue (such as conference room, wifi support, snacks, etc)?
- no costs for the room and wifi, snacks are included in the price of the food (see above)
Profit / Loss / Risk
- What is the expected profit of the event, if any? where will any surplus money go? - community building, work on OSGeo projects
- Under what circumstances might the event incur a loss? how will this risk be mitigated?