Difference between revisions of "Talk:FOSS4G 2018 Community Sprint"
(Created page with "=Sponsoring= * https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Code_Sprint_Guidelines = Sprint Info for OSGeo Funding = A request for supporting a sprint by OSGeo should include the following i...")
m (Astrid Emde moved page Talk:FOSS4G 2018 Code Sprint to Talk:FOSS4G 2018 Community Sprint: we want to take the word Community instead of Code to reach out to the comminity not only developer)
Revision as of 06:47, 30 June 2018
Sprint Info for OSGeo Funding
A request for supporting a sprint by OSGeo should include the following information about the event and the funding model for it:
Have a look at the sprint page:
- Audience: how many people are expected? - +- 50
- Region: is the sprint localized to a specific region? - Dar Es Saalam, Community Sprint is scheduled around FOSS4G 2018
- Projects: is the sprint to work on just one specific project, or is it for multiple projects? - all OSGeo projects
- Length: how many days will the sprint cover? saturday-sunday -> 2 days
- Venue: where will the sprint be held? will food be provided? will overnight lodging be provided?
- Tansania DataLab, Dar Es Saalam
- overnight lodging is not provided. Participants have to pay for the lodging.
- Only food and drinks are provided
- Where is the prospective budget published? Provide a link to a publicly accessible resource (e.g. wiki). The prospective budget shall list the levels/amounts of forecasted sponsorship, and show that OSGeo is providing matching funds (see Sponsorship Criteria below).
NEED THIS IN OUR WIKI!!!
The budget shall contain the following information:
- what is the expected registration fee, if any, for each attendee?
- there is no fee
- what is the expected amount of third-party sponsorships?
- what in-kind donations are expected (such as donated use of a conference room)?
- no extra costs for the room
- what is the desired amount of OSGeo sponsorship?
- would be great if OSGeo could cover the costs for drinks and food
- what is the expected cost per attendee, for travel, lodging, and food?
- food and drinks ??
Profit / Loss / Risk
- What is the expected profit of the event, if any? where will any surplus money go?
- community building, work on OSGeo projects
- Under what circumstances might the event incur a loss? how will this risk be mitigated?
- if OSGeo does not pay for food/drinks a different sponsor has to be found