Difference between revisions of "Third VisCom Meeting"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Agenda)
m (Reverted edits by PhoenixAllen (Talk) to last revision by Tmitchell)
 
(12 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
=== Minutes ===
 +
 +
The minutes for this meeting can be found at [[Third_VisCom_Meeting_Minutes]].
 +
 +
 
=== Date and Time ===
 
=== Date and Time ===
  
May 11th, 2006, at 15:00 UTC [[http://www.example.com worldclock link]]] (8:00am PST)
+
May 11th, 2006, at 15:00 UTC [[http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=5&day=11&year=2006&hour=8&min=0&sec=0&p1=234 worldclock link]]] (8:00am PST)
  
 
The meeting will take place on IRC at #osgeo and as a conference call
 
The meeting will take place on IRC at #osgeo and as a conference call
Line 7: Line 12:
 
* International: 303-928 3232
 
* International: 303-928 3232
 
* id code: 3206046#
 
* id code: 3206046#
 
  
 
=== Agenda ===
 
=== Agenda ===
 +
 +
* rollcall (chair)
 +
 +
* update on current membership, from last mtg (mpg)
  
 
* Do something about the [[VisComTODO]] page.  (mpg)
 
* Do something about the [[VisComTODO]] page.  (mpg)
 +
 
* Marketing Subteam status  (Peter)
 
* Marketing Subteam status  (Peter)
 +
** Press Release Process
 +
** Where 2.0
 +
** Event Strategy
 +
** Logos and Banners
 +
** OSGeo Boilerplate
 +
 
* Library Subteam status  (mpg)
 
* Library Subteam status  (mpg)
 +
 
* Outreach Subteam status  (Dave)
 
* Outreach Subteam status  (Dave)
* Logo contest results, discussion of slogans - see [[logo discussion]]
+
 
 +
* Logo contest results, discussion of slogans - see [[motto_discussion]] (Daniel?)
 +
 
 
* get us a nice magazine article? (mpg)
 
* get us a nice magazine article? (mpg)
 +
 +
* There is a bug tracker via CollabNet - is anyone using it? do we want/need to?  (mpg}
 +
 +
* Can we move the Event List to its own page (from the main VisComm page)?  (mpg)
 +
 +
* ''(from the TODO list)'' prepare Web page contents about "What OSGeo is doing" to attract sponsors. This is related to [[Fundraising]]. Then forward this material to WebCom  (arnulf?)
 +
 +
* ''(from the TODO list)'' Setup feedback mechanism for web site.  I suppose this ought to be creating artifacts in the bug system, but a feedback email list might be more appropriate. (arnulf?)
 +
 +
* ''(from the TODO list)'' Recruit more members on discuss list.  What skills are most valuable?  (arnulf?)
 +
 +
* ''(from the TODO list)'' Do we have a place to put these kind of outreach ideas?  Couldn't find one on the wiki (TMitchell)
 +
 +
* ''(from the TODO list)'' Consider responding to [http://www.ncc.co.uk/research/projects/os_hub.cfm UK open source for non-profits survey] (TMitchell)
 +
 +
* Identify action items (chair)
 +
 +
* Schedule next meeting (chair)
 +
 +
[[Category:Marketing]]

Latest revision as of 02:42, 11 May 2011

Minutes

The minutes for this meeting can be found at Third_VisCom_Meeting_Minutes.


Date and Time

May 11th, 2006, at 15:00 UTC [worldclock link]] (8:00am PST)

The meeting will take place on IRC at #osgeo and as a conference call

  • US and Canada: 877-326-2337
  • International: 303-928 3232
  • id code: 3206046#

Agenda

  • rollcall (chair)
  • update on current membership, from last mtg (mpg)
  • Marketing Subteam status (Peter)
    • Press Release Process
    • Where 2.0
    • Event Strategy
    • Logos and Banners
    • OSGeo Boilerplate
  • Library Subteam status (mpg)
  • Outreach Subteam status (Dave)
  • get us a nice magazine article? (mpg)
  • There is a bug tracker via CollabNet - is anyone using it? do we want/need to? (mpg}
  • Can we move the Event List to its own page (from the main VisComm page)? (mpg)
  • (from the TODO list) prepare Web page contents about "What OSGeo is doing" to attract sponsors. This is related to Fundraising. Then forward this material to WebCom (arnulf?)
  • (from the TODO list) Setup feedback mechanism for web site. I suppose this ought to be creating artifacts in the bug system, but a feedback email list might be more appropriate. (arnulf?)
  • (from the TODO list) Recruit more members on discuss list. What skills are most valuable? (arnulf?)
  • (from the TODO list) Do we have a place to put these kind of outreach ideas? Couldn't find one on the wiki (TMitchell)
  • Identify action items (chair)
  • Schedule next meeting (chair)