Toronto Code Sprint 2009 Agenda
Revision as of 16:37, 19 January 2009 by Hobu
The Need for Speed...
Performance is the universal feature, and the latest Geoserver vs Mapserver results indicate that there are places throughout the C stack that can use improvement.
- Run Mapserver under load and review where Proj4 takes a hit (everywhere)
- Caching of PJ structs, Should make QGIS and Mapserver faster.
- Parsing of proj strings. Switching from the hand-coded parser to flex-generated parser might yield some improvement.
- Run the Geoserver benchmark tests under profiler and review results
- Single-pass querying, will bring WFS speed up to par
- Mapserver as Apache module, removes FastCGI instability and is potentially even faster, see #2565
- Roadmap for 1.5+
- New on-disk format? Aligned double?
- New GEOS coordinate sequence to bind on top of aligned PostGIS structures?
- Profiling and review profile results
- Administrivia, what to do without a full-time maintainer?
- Roadmap for 3.2?
- Supporting inline streaming compression
- Win64 builds