The OSGeo Board of Directors met with the UN GIS team at FOSS4G in Seoul, Korea in September 2015. The UN GIS team is very interested in having OSGeo "at the table", and is interested in an exchange of official letters (an MoU would take many years to pass through on their side apparently) to formalize the relationship. Mr. Kyoung-Soo Eom, chief of the UN Geospatial Information Section, nvited OSGeo to be part of a working group on Geospatial Information and Services for Disasters.
- Develop a closer relationship with the UN.
- Establish a formal agreement between OSGeo and the UN.
- Establish communication between the UN GIS team and the OSGeo community.
- OSGeo has formally expressed interest joining the UN GGIM Working Group
- Jeff McKenna, OSGeo President
- add your name