The beginnings of a manifesto (edit as you see fit):
- To provide a UK-specific focus for the OSGEO and to arrange UK meetings
- To help UK organisations discover the opportunity of open source geospatial tools
- To work towards a fully featured UK SDI
- To provide a starting point for people from the UK who are new to the Open Source Geospatial movement
- To provide a focus for lobbying for public access to UK Geodata
- To, maybe, one day, act as focal point for the UK organising the FOSS4G conference
Don't forget to sign the Inspire petition -and tell your friends too - you don't have to use geo-data to believe that publically funded work should be public property! http://petition.publicgeodata.org/
Sign up here to show interest!
Yes, definitely worth doing
Excellent! All for this!! - User:Simon
uh huh User:Graeme
andrewlarcombe"andrewlarcombe" is not recognized as a Boolean (true/false) value.
User:Gagravarr - involved in OpenGuides and OpenStreetMap in the UK
Tuesday September, 26th: Steve Coast of OpenStreetmap fame is giving a talk to the BCS entitled Geospatial Open Source Activity. Details at http://geospatial.bcs.org/site/index.php?s=future-events#3
- There will be a few OpenStreetMap people at this event too (there's a fair degree of overlap). Crash space is available, and nice pubs will be visited!
OpenStreetmap also have regular UK mapping parties in different cities and it could be a lot of fun to sync an OSGeo-UK meetup with an OSM mapping party.
- OpenStreetmMap agrees :)