United Kingdom Chapter Report 2008
Jump to navigation Jump to search
UK Local Chapter
- Contact name: Jo Cook
- Although the chapter was first mentioned in 2006, this was the first year that we started to really do something with it.
- Mainly through presenting at various conferences, seminars and workshops, membership increased from a notional 3 to approx 50.
Areas for Improvement
- We need to improve our web presence, and are working towards this by arranging pages on the main OSGeo website.
- We need to produce printed literature supporting the OSGeo cause and that of the local chapter.
- We need to keep the momentum going and continue to raise the profile of the group.
Opportunities to Help
- Sign up at the wiki and come to the conference in June 2009!
- Identify opportunities for the chapter members to meet up, or present on OSGeo.
- Help find case studies on succesful transitions to, or use cases for, open source GIS.
Outlook for 2009
- Official recognition for the chapter (in January 2009)
- The first UK open source GIS conference, in Nottingham, on 22nd June 2009, in conjunction with the University of Nottingham Centre for Geospatial Science!
include the notoc option in the wiki code and use the "Reports 2008" category (see source of template for example)