Jeroen Ticheler is founder of the GeoNetwork opensource project and director of GeoCat BV, a company delivering services around open source geospatial software with a focus on geospatial metadata catalogues and Spatial Data Infrastructures. He has been promoting the use of international standards and Free and Open Source Software for geographic data and information for over ten years now. Jeroen served on the OSGeo Board and is a Charter member since the early days of OSGeo. He participated in writing the United Nations SDI (UNSDI) Reference Architecture as Task group manager Interoperability in the United Nations Geographic Information Working Group UNGIWG. He frequently participated in ISO TC211 and OGC meetings in the past.
Jeroen is a big fan, supporter and promotor of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation with strong connections throughout the OSGeo community.
Director, GeoCat BV Location: Bennekom, The Netherlands
- OSGeo Experience
- Founder and chair of the GeoNetwork opensource project.
- Organizer of the yearly Bolsena Code Sprint in Italy where developers of different OSGeo projects and other FOSS4G projects gather to collaborate, initiate new projects and share ideas and experiences.
- Served on the Board of Directors of OSGeo in 2007-2009.
- At present moderately active on the Marketing Committee and Incubation Committee
- Member of http://www.osgeo.nl, the Dutch language Chapter of OSGeo
- Participated in writing a proposal to host the FOSS4G conference in The Netherlands in 2010
- Actively following what's going on in the OSGeo Community
- Always promoting and supporting OSGeo's mission at customers, conferences and other gatherings by talking, giving presentations and workshops
- OSGeo Associate Sponsor through GeoCat
- Email: Jeroen.Ticheler@GeoCat.net
- Phone (work): +31681286572
- Spoken Language(s)
- Dutch, English, modest Italian and French
- Profile last updated
- 12 June 2012