Jump to navigation Jump to search
List of tasks to be done by Promotion and Visibility Committee. Eventually I imagine this should be handled by the bug (artifact?) tracker but I don't know how to use that properly yet.
- First VisCom Meeting (was March 22, 2006)
- Second VisCom Meeting (was April 27th, 2006)
- Third_VisCom_Meeting (will be May 11th, 2006)
- Organize LinuxTag 2006 exhibition and meeting
- Organize strategy for "Where 2.0" conference (some board members got already contacted by the organizers)
- prepare Web page contents about "What OSGeo is doing" to attract sponsors. This is related to Fundraising. Then forward this material to WebCom
- Setup feedback mechanism for web site. I suppose this ought to be creating artifacts in the bug system, but a feedback email list might be more appropriate.
- Recruit more members on discuss list. What skills are most valuable?
- Operate OSGeo Booth
- Work on https://visibilitycommittee.osgeo.org contents
- Organize translation volunteers.
- Prepare canned notes/slides about OSGeo for general member use
- Prepare presentation on use of OS code inside (closed) corporate shops (see notes at user:mpg)
- Organize staff at LinuxTag 2006
- First Press Release published 6 March 2006