Revision as of 11:21, 7 March 2006 by Mpg (faq addition, email@example.com bounce)
List of tasks to be done by Web Committee. Eventually I imagine this should be handled by the bug (artifact?) tracker but I don't know how to use that properly yet.
- Logo Contest Parameters for the contest and where we store the results. The contest should be done ASAP as this affects the look of the site. We can get help from CollabNet's branding people to flow from the logo into the style of the site.
- Flesh out the web site pages. New, about, contact, etc.
- Move existing static wiki pages to osgeo.org: WebComToPublish
- Copy IRC logs from the Feb meeting (http://logs.qgis.org/geofoundation/) into the https://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/meetings/2006_02_04/meeting.html area.
- Setup feedback mechanism for web site. I suppose this ought to be creating artifacts in the bug system, but a feedback email list might be more appropriate.
- Recruit more members on discuss list. What skills are most valuable?
- Addition to FAQ... Question: What's the relationship between OSGeo and OGC? Answer: There is no relationship between OSGeo and OGC: OGC is a organization for creating GIS standards, while OSGeo is an organization for promoting open source GIS work. That said, a number of parties/individuals in OSGeo work with OGC standards, and vice versa.
- An outside user reports that mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org" bounces.
- Work on web site overall style.
- Organize translation volunteers.
- We need some mechanism(s) to ensure the folks realize material in the wiki is not authoritative. That it is essentially individuals working documents, not foundation policy.
- Make sure the wiki requires some sort of login or something so it is not easily spammed.
- OK, let's start filling this up again
- Note: Email can not by truncated/filtered by size. We can only disallow MIME attachments.