Monthly meetups are first Wednesday of every month - now ONLINE ONLY - and found at Meetup.com/OSGeo-Alberta-Chapter
Learn about Open Source Geospatial Foundation at OSGeo.org
Join the Alberta Chapter Mailing List: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/alberta
Add yourself as a member here OSGeo Alberta Members after requesting your wiki credentials https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Special:RequestAccount
Chapter Objectives (Points of Interest and Objectives noted as meetings progress)
Connect the Community in Building Tools
- Lightning Talk style meetups with several builders/speakers per event
- Project Pitch/Workshops where folks can bring their problems to the group for discussion or just show how they've accomplished certain things to elicit better/best practices or new approaches
Connect the Community in Learning Tools
- Evangelizing OSGeo projects and applications
- Project Overview sessions
- Workshop sessions ( install app, shared learning )
Setup the Chapter for Ongoing Success
This has not been discussed since the December 2019 meeting. Most recent attendees have encouraged a very informal environment.
- Develop a chapter leadership structure
- Review Chapter best practice / Touch base with other chapters
- Leverage Lessons Learned
Contribute to OSGeo Projects
- Execute Code-Sprints culminating in pull requests
- Please reach out if you are interested in championing specific projects
Create Resources for Ongoing Use
- Open Source Geospatial Community Stakeholders Directory
- Scott McHale would like to get feedback on creating a directory here of people and organizations with contributions to, and needs of, the geospatial community. The intent is to connect presenters with learners and users with creators.
- Open Data
- Develop a well-understood, well-curated repository of open data sources ( not a one-time list of links thrown on a page )
- see the page OSGeo Alberta Members (feel free to add yourself - after creating a wiki login - https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Special:RequestAccount)
Kiyooka Ohe Arts Centre
- Members: Yui, Nabila, Tomas, Armando, Tanya
Ann & Sandy Cross Conservation Area
- Members: Stefan, Shubhreet
- Our email list is active and monitored. Please see http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/alberta .
- SLACK: Everyone is welcome to join us on the #osgeo-alberta channel of The Spatial Community Slack workspace. Information about joining The Spatial Community can be found here: https://thespatialcommunity.org/
- Adding to Wiki: Request a Wiki account here - https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Special:RequestAccount
- Meetup.com: All of our Meetups will be administered through meetup.com for the time being. Join Alberta Chapter group here: https://www.meetup.com/OSGeo-Open-Source-Geospatial-Consortium-Alberta-Chapter/
Monthly Meetups are held the first Wednesday of each month at Assembly Coworking Space from 6pm to 8pm. (CURRENTLY ONLINE ONLY)
- Our meetings are online using Jitsi Meet at this link: https://meet.jit.si/OSGeoAlbertaChapterMonthlyMeetup
- Join by phone: 647.243.6108 | Meeting ID 2203355915
- Meetups are posted to Meetup.com as well: https://www.meetup.com/OSGeo-Alberta-Chapter/
Past Meetings and the Next Agenda: Alberta Chapter/Meetings
- We are looking to hold events in Edmonton and the Calgary-based organizers are willing to travel to host an event, if needed. Help in identifying Edmonton ( and surrounding area ) speakers, sponsors, and venues would great.
Other Places in Alberta
C'mon, Lethbridge! You're the remote sensing capital of Canada!
Other Geospatial Groups of Interest
- Alberta Geomatics Group - https://www.albertageomaticsgroup.ca
- Our email list: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/alberta
- Neighbours in the British Columbia Chapter - mainly Vancouver, Victoria, but also a few folk in the interior/north. Some may be interested in co-hosting meetings, etc.
- Canada page giving a good national view
see the same section in Calgary IG on GIS software and Alberta GeoData