Annual General Meeting 2009
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Venue / Timing
- Wednesday, October 21st, 2009 - 4:30pm following the days events from FOSS4G 2009, Main conference hall
- If you are presenting during this event, please be sure to touch on each of these objectives: 1) Update the community, 2) Discuss issues and ideas, 3) Present clear opportunities for community to be involved.
This will be a 60+ minute session, roughly scheduled as follows. Meeting will be moderated by Tyler Mitchell. Note the Ignite Spatial event follows and may end up overlapping. We'll see how many people need to leave for that and adjust the programme accordingly.
|5||Intro / group check re: Ignite event|
|10||State of OSGeo Reports|
|20||Local Chapter Reports|
|20+||Open Q&A floor / Debate / Panel|
|--------->||Hopefully we can run later here or elsewhere for those who are interested.|
State of OSGeo
- Arnulf Christl, OSGeo President
- Tyler Mitchell, OSGeo Executive Director
- Current state, financial report, future direction/approach, membership report
- Goals for 2010, priorities, funding plans
- Meet the Board
Local Chapter Reports
- Quebec Local Chapter: Daniel Morissette & Thierry Badard
- Francophone Local Chapter: Thierry Badard (replacing Yves Jacolin)
- Spanish Local Chapter: Lorenzo Becchi
- Italian Local Chapter: Maria Brovelli (replacing Paolo Cavallini)
- Romanian Local Chapter: Vasile Crăciunescu
- Japan Local Chapter: Toru Mori
- Australia - New Zealand : Bruce Bannerman
- Korean Local Chapter : Sanghee Shin
- German local chapter: Till Adams, Arnulf Christl
- United Kingdom Chapter
- No More Please! We are thirsty!
- Journal and Marketing: Tyler Mitchell
Thank you to all sponsors for your special commitment in these tough economic times!
Open Discussion / Panel / Closing
This will be for some open discussion on various topics. There will be time for questions/discussion from the floor but time is going to be tight so discussion needs to be focused.
- Membership ideas and status
- Fundraising goals and methods
- Conference direction, naming, maintaining consistency
- OSGeo & standards
- Put your ideas here....