Board Meeting 2012-08-09
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This board meeting is scheduled for the 9th of August 2012 at 17:00 UTC on IRC and follow up voting on Skype or by email.
- Review past minutes: Board Meeting 2012-07-12
- Appoint secretary
- Action items from last and previous meetings
- Ongoing: Arnulf to set up, schedule and run 2012 elections
- Peter Batty and Jo Cook to work on getting FOSS4G 2011 material online - discussions under way, need to get some (small) volunteer effort to pull things together
- mpg to do inventory of committees and local chapters (carried over from previous meeting)
- Clean out and update Charter Membership (carried over from previous meeting again)
- Daniel to resolve 'c3 vs. 'c6 issue
- Jo report from the ELOgeo importation process
- Daniel to decide what to do about QuickBooks issue
- Beijing FOSS4G conference actions:
- Cancellation notice from Beijing LOC (formal response to LOC and public announcement)
- Decide on location for AGM, Sol Katz, F2F board meeting (see: http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2012-July/009809.html)
- Update or redirect http://2012.foss4g.org/ with cancellation notice, ref to FOSS4G 2013, location of AGM/Sol Katz/F2F, ???
- Funding request for the QGIS Developer Meeting in October 2012 (1,000€, see http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2012-June/009701.html)
- Funding request for the First Latin American Conference of Free and Open Source GIS in October 2012. Mauricio Miranda presents the initiative
- Quick finances update - invoices sent to sponsors
- Continue dialog on how to associate with Eclipse (see board list mail from Jo)
- PDX-OSGeo local chapter formal recognition, some notes on what has been done
- Finalize confirmation of board voting procedure - left over from a couple years ago - Frank to summarize.
- Clarify that the rights granted to code contributors who signed the GeoTools Copyright Assignment. Specifically, does it include the right to distribute their own work under a different OSI approved license?
- How to deal with alleged impartiality and favoritism of OSGeo, see mail threads around "Asking permission for re-licensing..." and follow-ups
- Identifying when a committee has been put in situation of Judge and Party (see the geotools-admin thread)
- Acknowledge resignations of Charter members:
- Jason Birch
- Kazunori Noda
- please add items
- Confirm next meeting time and date Board Meeting 2012-xx-xx
- detailed conversation log: http://logs.qgis.org/osgeo/%23osgeo.2012-08-09.log