Board Meeting 2014-03-06
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This board meeting is scheduled for the 6th of March 2014 at 20.00UTC through IRC and follow up voting by email.
- roll call
- appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
- Review and approve past minutes: Board Meeting 2014-02-06
- Confirm emailed motion: "Motion: OSGeo board to approve 7k€ of OSGeo funds toward the Vienna 2014 Code Sprint." This was confirmed with +1 votes from all board members.
- Update on FOSS4G 2015 RFP
- Decide on OSGeo Budget 2014
- Motion 1: that the board approves 1500 Euro/2100 USD to cover catering for a townhall session on OSGeo at the European Geosciences Conference (April 27-May 2) (E-Mail request by Peter Loewe, forwarded to the Board by Cameron Shorter on Feb 23)
- Motion 2: the board approves an additional 190€/260 USD to cover production/printing of 100 OSGeoLive DVDs for the European Geosciences Conference (April 27-May 2).
- Select next meeting timeslot (note change in daylight saving in some timezones). http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=6&month=4&year=2014&p1=224&p2=75&p3=179&p4=286&p5=215&p6=240&iv=0
- add your items here
- Attending: Jeff, Jachym, Anne, Frank, Bart, Cameron
- Presiding: Jeff
- Scribing: Anne
- Anne: collect amendments for FOSS4G 2015 before phase 2 and bring them to discussion.
- Anne: get ideas from Geo for All committee about use of dedicated 5k USD budget
Motions (to be confirmed by email)
- MOTION: review and approve past minutes: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2014-02-06
- Anne/1: +1 6
- MOTION: approve the 2014 budget outlined on http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2014 with approved by the OSGeo Treasurer (Daniel).
- Jeff/1: +1 6
- MOTION: approve this use of 1500 Euro/2100 USD OSGeo funding to cover catering for a townhall session on OSGeo at the European Geosciences Conference (April 27-May 2)
- Jeff/1: +1 Anne, Frank, Jachym; 0 Bart and Cameron
- MOTION: approve an additional 190 EUR/260 USD to cover production/printing of 100 OSGeoLive DVDs for the European Geosciences Conference (April 27-May 2)
- Jeff/1: +1 6
Full, raw minutes notes
- 20.00 Meeting starts
- 20.05 Minutes approved
- 20.06 Confirm emailed motion about Vienna code sprint support, approved by all board members
- 20.07 Update on FOSS4G 2015 RFP
- Bart got contacted by Korea, Sri Lanka and Italy. Korea will submit the proposal soon, while Sri Lanka PCO has been put in contact with Sri Lankan OSGeo members. Italian proposal will be considered only in case of missing viable proposals from the preferred region.
- Anne will collect amendments for FOSS4G 2015 before phase 2 and bring them to discussion.
- 20.10 Decide on OSGeo_Budget_2014
- Frank proposes edits to budget (raise travel budget to 7500 USD, raised sprint budget to 15k USD, left 5k USD for SAC from last year, dropped selected items about insurance) as per mail on Board list, and is in favour of approving it even if not perfect.
- Anne proposes to add 5k USD for education support, with travel funds for exchanging students/researchers in mind. Frank approves and adds item to the Budget on wiki page.
- Cameron is unsure about funding travels and the current low-budget profile - so proposes to allocate the money and ask Education committee for ideas about its use.
- There is still to retire osgeo1 - technical challenges are slowing down the process.
- Motion to approve the budget, with approval of the Treasurer.
- 20.22 Townhall session on OSGeo at the European Geosciences Conference (April 27-May 2) (E-Mail request by Peter Loewe, forwarded to the Board by Cameron Shorter on Feb 23)
- Frank observes that Marketing has already an allocated budget, but Cameron requests the Board to vote, as the Marketing committee is not functional yet
- Cameron is in favour of paying for Live DVDs but not food, unless co-sponsor can be found. Bart agrees.
- Peter Löwe mentions difficulties in finding a co-sponsor in short time, and underlines the importance and size of the event.
- Jeff, Frank, Anne are in favour of paying for the catering of the townhall meeting.
- Motion passes, with concerns from Cameron and Bart
- Motion on extra funding for printing 100 OSGeo Live DVDs for EGU, passes
- 20.33 OSGeo Live
- Brian Hamlin (dbb) mentions good progress in the stability and quality of OSGeo Live, and will send the Board more details on how to support its growth.
- 20.35 Decide next timeslot
- The discussion is made more complex by DST. Next meeting will be on 10th of April, 20 UTC 
- 20.45 Meeting ends
- More discussion after the meeting about OSGeo hosting git repositories. Angelos will be back to SAC with some ideas on how to set it up for OSGeo-Live.