Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2014-04-10"

From OSGeo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(6 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 6: Line 6:
 
* appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
 
* appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
 
* Review and approve past minutes: [[Board Meeting 2014-03-06]]
 
* Review and approve past minutes: [[Board Meeting 2014-03-06]]
 +
* Confirm approval of [[OSGeo Budget 2014]]
 
* Update on FOSS4G 2015 RFP
 
* Update on FOSS4G 2015 RFP
 
* Incubation Committee [[IncCom_Report24]] report
 
* Incubation Committee [[IncCom_Report24]] report
Line 11: Line 12:
 
* FOSS4G North America / EclipseCon / LocationTech Tech Summit 2015 (e-mail Andrew Ross)
 
* FOSS4G North America / EclipseCon / LocationTech Tech Summit 2015 (e-mail Andrew Ross)
 
* FOSS4G Manifesto [[FOSS4G_Manifesto]]
 
* FOSS4G Manifesto [[FOSS4G_Manifesto]]
 +
* Discussing how to prevent last week's server issues (backups, nodes at OSGeo-ICA labs, ?)
 
* ''add your items here''
 
* ''add your items here''
 
* Select next meeting timeslot
 
* Select next meeting timeslot
Line 16: Line 18:
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
* Attending:
+
* Attending: Anne, Bart, Daniel, Jachym, Jeff, Jorge, Gerald
* Presiding:  
+
* Presiding: Jeff
* Scribing:  
+
* Scribing: Bart
  
 
=== Assigned Tasks ===
 
=== Assigned Tasks ===
Line 25: Line 27:
  
 
=== Motions (to be confirmed by email) ===
 
=== Motions (to be confirmed by email) ===
 
+
* MOTION: Approve [[Board Meeting 2014-03-06]] minutes:
*  
+
** 4 times +1, 3 times +0 because absent (Daniel, Jorge, Gerald)
  
 
=== Full, raw minutes notes ===
 
=== Full, raw minutes notes ===
  
  IRC Log at ...
+
  IRC Log at http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2014-04-10.log
  
*  
+
* FOSS4G North America / EclipseCon / LocationTech Tech Summit 2015 (Andrew Ross)
 +
** Positive supportive feedback from the board on the idea
 +
** Some concerns have been raised to members of the board, Andrew asks people to speak up publicly so concerns can be addressed
 +
** Three conferences at the same time and same venue, common keynotes, common exhibition hall (main reason is less organising work)
 +
** Registration: one price for all, people can pick talks
 +
** Setting up LOC but a lot will be done by Eclipse Foundation's conference manager and her team
 +
** Multiple conference web sites to help with branding
 +
** Happy to share proceedings
 +
* Confirm approval of OSGeo Budget 2014
 +
** Budget was approved and voted on last time
 +
** Daniel as treasurer will make some changes later on
 +
** Jeff will add a note saying: "it's been approved but another review can be expected"
 +
* Thoughts on Annual General Meeting 2014
 +
** Agreement on having more visibility for the AGM, e.g. by having a 1 hour slot before lunch
 +
** Make sure we promote the event and say it's open to all to participate
 +
** Portland LOC can probably accommodate our request
 +
* Update on FOSS4G 2015 RFP
 +
** Korea has moved on to stage 2, proposal is due 28th of April
 +
* Incubation Committee IncCom_Report24 report
 +
** Make sure we get back to istSOS (just done by Jody)
 +
* FOSS4G Manifesto
 +
** Should convey the spirit of FOSS4G events
 +
** Unclear if there should be regional distinctions
 +
** Ask community for feedback on: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Manifesto
 +
* Recent infrastructure issues
 +
** Make sure SAC has the resources it needs to handle this, SAC seems on it
 +
** Make sure we prevent this kind of breakage in the future
 +
* Next meeting agreed to be on '''May 15th' same time slot
  
 
[[Category:Board]]
 
[[Category:Board]]
 
[[Category:Board Meetings 2014]]
 
[[Category:Board Meetings 2014]]

Latest revision as of 05:02, 11 April 2014

This board meeting is scheduled for the 10th of April 2014 at 20.00UTC through IRC and follow up voting by email.

Agenda

  • roll call
  • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  • Review and approve past minutes: Board Meeting 2014-03-06
  • Confirm approval of OSGeo Budget 2014
  • Update on FOSS4G 2015 RFP
  • Incubation Committee IncCom_Report24 report
  • Thoughts on Annual General Meeting 2014
  • FOSS4G North America / EclipseCon / LocationTech Tech Summit 2015 (e-mail Andrew Ross)
  • FOSS4G Manifesto FOSS4G_Manifesto
  • Discussing how to prevent last week's server issues (backups, nodes at OSGeo-ICA labs, ?)
  • add your items here
  • Select next meeting timeslot

Minutes

  • Attending: Anne, Bart, Daniel, Jachym, Jeff, Jorge, Gerald
  • Presiding: Jeff
  • Scribing: Bart

Assigned Tasks

Motions (to be confirmed by email)

Full, raw minutes notes

IRC Log at http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2014-04-10.log
  • FOSS4G North America / EclipseCon / LocationTech Tech Summit 2015 (Andrew Ross)
    • Positive supportive feedback from the board on the idea
    • Some concerns have been raised to members of the board, Andrew asks people to speak up publicly so concerns can be addressed
    • Three conferences at the same time and same venue, common keynotes, common exhibition hall (main reason is less organising work)
    • Registration: one price for all, people can pick talks
    • Setting up LOC but a lot will be done by Eclipse Foundation's conference manager and her team
    • Multiple conference web sites to help with branding
    • Happy to share proceedings
  • Confirm approval of OSGeo Budget 2014
    • Budget was approved and voted on last time
    • Daniel as treasurer will make some changes later on
    • Jeff will add a note saying: "it's been approved but another review can be expected"
  • Thoughts on Annual General Meeting 2014
    • Agreement on having more visibility for the AGM, e.g. by having a 1 hour slot before lunch
    • Make sure we promote the event and say it's open to all to participate
    • Portland LOC can probably accommodate our request
  • Update on FOSS4G 2015 RFP
    • Korea has moved on to stage 2, proposal is due 28th of April
  • Incubation Committee IncCom_Report24 report
    • Make sure we get back to istSOS (just done by Jody)
  • FOSS4G Manifesto
  • Recent infrastructure issues
    • Make sure SAC has the resources it needs to handle this, SAC seems on it
    • Make sure we prevent this kind of breakage in the future
  • Next meeting agreed to be on May 15th' same time slot