Board Meeting 2014-09-13
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This board meeting is scheduled for the 13th of September 2014 at 15.00UTC as a face-to-face meeting for those attending FOSS4G Portland and through IRC, with follow up voting by email.
- roll call
- appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
- Review and approve past minutes: Board Meeting 2014-08-14
- Welcome to the new Board members
- Roles of the Board (including Treasurer, Secretary, President)
- Review OSGeo brand
- Proposal to change 'Your Open Source Compass' to 'Your Open Source Community'
- Mission statement/Goals modifications
- Website overhaul?
- Inquiry from the Open Invention Network (http://www.openinventionnetwork.com/) to become a 'licensee'
- Elections (pending Jorge's attendance to the meeting)
- analyze new online process
- set timeline for 2015
- add your items here
- The name, scope and mission of OSGeo are not well known among technical professionals who handle spatial data, and among commercial companies that support the FOSS movement. An example is as follows, where a smart company appears to be supporting every open source dot-org, except OSGeo see bottom of page Questions to the new Board: Is it the mission of OSGeo to answer the question "Who is OSGeo and why would you care" Is it the mission of OSGeo to attract and retain commercial company sponsors who directly benefit from OSGeo projects ?
- Select next meeting timeslot
Motions (to be confirmed by email)
Full, raw minutes notes
IRC Log at