Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2014-10-16"

From OSGeo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(15 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 7: Line 7:
 
* Review and approve past minutes: [[Board Meeting 2014-09-13]]
 
* Review and approve past minutes: [[Board Meeting 2014-09-13]]
 
* brief treasurer report
 
* brief treasurer report
 +
* Beginning the FOSS4G 2016 process
 +
* Approve the [[MOU ISPRS]]
 
* Developing a Code of Conduct for the foundation (members, events)
 
* Developing a Code of Conduct for the foundation (members, events)
 
* Selecting a 'Board Sprint' day/time (to tackle issues such as FOSS4G/vision/goals)
 
* Selecting a 'Board Sprint' day/time (to tackle issues such as FOSS4G/vision/goals)
 
* Updating/Recording accurate [http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/board_and_officers.html foundation officers]
 
* Updating/Recording accurate [http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/board_and_officers.html foundation officers]
 +
** Website committee chair not active (according to the chair)
 +
** Geodata committee not actively used (according to the chair)
 +
** Marketing committee without a chair
 
* Updating/Recording accurate [http://www.osgeo.org/content/chapters/index.html local chapters]
 
* Updating/Recording accurate [http://www.osgeo.org/content/chapters/index.html local chapters]
 
* Agree on 5-level project evalutaion as proposed by Cameron [http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2014-September/012188.html]
 
* Agree on 5-level project evalutaion as proposed by Cameron [http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2014-September/012188.html]
 +
* OSGeo is now a registered 'organization' with OGC, and goal is to have all OSGeo "products"/projects listed [http://www.opengeospatial.org/resource/products there].  (initial [http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/OGC-products-list-td5167501.html discussion] on Projects list)
 
* ''add your items here''
 
* ''add your items here''
* Select next meeting timeslot
+
* Select next meeting timeslot (is this time ok for everyone?)
  
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
* Attending:  
+
* Attending: Jeff, Anne, Maxi, Jachym, Jorge, Mike
* Presiding:  
+
* Presiding: Jeff
* Scribing:  
+
* Scribing: Anne
  
 
=== Assigned Tasks ===
 
=== Assigned Tasks ===
  
*  
+
* ''Jorge: publish election report (a polite request rather than a task, he was not there when the request was made)'' -- done: [[Election_2014_detailed_results]]
 +
* Jeff+Anne: News item for MoU ISPRS
 +
* Write a Code of Conduct draft on wiki, get it voted by Charter members, put in place report addresses/forms
 +
* ''Jachym: contact Conference Committee for FOSS4G 2016 RfP'' -- done: [http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2014-October/012257.html mail to Board list and Frank]
 +
* ''Anne: make an online poll for Board sprints'' -- done: [http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2014-October/012276.html mail to Board list]
  
=== Motions (to be confirmed by email) ===
+
=== Motions (confirmed by email) ===
  
*
+
See [http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2014-October/012259.html email thread] on the Board list.
 +
 
 +
{|class="wikitable sortable"  border="2" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="6" rules="all" style="margin:1em 1em 1em 0; border:solid 1px #AAAAAAAA; border-collapse:collapse; font-size:95%; empty-cells:show;"
 +
!Motion
 +
!+1
 +
!0
 +
!-1
 +
!Abstain
 +
!Passed?
 +
!Notes
 +
|-
 +
| Anne: Approve past meeting's minutes
 +
| 8
 +
| 1 (Bart, who was not there)
 +
| 0
 +
|
 +
| Yes
 +
|
 +
|-
 +
| Maxi: Put online, clearly accessible, all the OSGeo economic report at the end of each year. Format has to be established to guarantee privacy to everybody
 +
| 9
 +
| 0
 +
| 0
 +
|
 +
| Yes
 +
| Treasurer should say his opinion to it as well (was not present when the motion was voted)
 +
|-
 +
| Jeff: Approve the Memorandum of Understanding with the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS), and to allow both organizations to work together to promote open geospatial
 +
| 9
 +
| 0
 +
| 0
 +
|
 +
| Yes
 +
| No obligations/duties yet, only broad agreement
 +
|-
 +
| Jeff: OSGeo develops a general Code of Conduct, to apply to all foundation Board, Charter, members and events.
 +
| 9
 +
| 0
 +
| 0
 +
|
 +
| Yes
 +
| To be decided: how people will report CoC violations and how OSGeo shall do when something happens
 +
|}
  
 
=== Full, raw minutes notes ===
 
=== Full, raw minutes notes ===
  
  IRC Log at  
+
  IRC Log at http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2014-10-16.log
  
*  
+
* 13:00 Meeting starts: present Board members are Jeff, Anne, Maxi, Jachym and Jorge
 +
* 13:06 '''Motion: approve past meeting's minutes'''
 +
* 13:11 Discussion over OSGeo financial reports availability
 +
** '''Motion: put online, clearly accessible all the OSGeo economic report at the end of each year format has to be established to guarantee privacy to everybody'''
 +
* 13:21 '''Agenda item: FOSS4G 2016'''
 +
** FOSS4G 2016 will be in Europe and it is needed to send the RfP soon, as it requires time to find an appropriate location for ~1000 attendees
 +
** Task: Jachym will first contact Conference Committee to get RfP updated in one month, if there is no answer the Board will take care of updating RfP
 +
* 13:30 ''Mike joins the meeting and votes for the financial reports''
 +
* 13:31 '''Agenda item: MoU ISPRS'''
 +
** General agreement over the MoU: the practical implementation of this collaboration will be done by interested people/committees of OSGeo and ISPRS
 +
** '''Motion: approve the Memorandum of Understanding with the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS), and to allow both organizations to work together to promote open geospatial'''
 +
* 13:38 '''Agenda item: Developing a Code of Conduct for the foundation (members, events)'''
 +
** Suggestions to take inspiration from [https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct Debian CoC] and [http://www.qgis.org/es/site/getinvolved/governance/codeofconduct/codeofconduct.html QGIS CoC], that are broad enough to fit all Foundation activities and events
 +
** Discussion over how strict shall the CoC be, and how to get reports about CoC violations (anonymous or not), and what to do if they happen (ban the person?)
 +
** Task: prepare a draft on the wiki, then let Charter members vote
 +
* 14:00 Select next meeting timeslot: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2014-11-13
  
 
[[Category:Board]]
 
[[Category:Board]]
 
[[Category:Board Meetings 2014]]
 
[[Category:Board Meetings 2014]]

Latest revision as of 07:32, 21 October 2014

This board meeting is scheduled for the 16th of October 2014 at 13.00UTC through IRC and follow up voting by email.

Agenda

  • roll call
  • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  • Review and approve past minutes: Board Meeting 2014-09-13
  • brief treasurer report
  • Beginning the FOSS4G 2016 process
  • Approve the MOU ISPRS
  • Developing a Code of Conduct for the foundation (members, events)
  • Selecting a 'Board Sprint' day/time (to tackle issues such as FOSS4G/vision/goals)
  • Updating/Recording accurate foundation officers
    • Website committee chair not active (according to the chair)
    • Geodata committee not actively used (according to the chair)
    • Marketing committee without a chair
  • Updating/Recording accurate local chapters
  • Agree on 5-level project evalutaion as proposed by Cameron [1]
  • OSGeo is now a registered 'organization' with OGC, and goal is to have all OSGeo "products"/projects listed there. (initial discussion on Projects list)
  • add your items here
  • Select next meeting timeslot (is this time ok for everyone?)

Minutes

  • Attending: Jeff, Anne, Maxi, Jachym, Jorge, Mike
  • Presiding: Jeff
  • Scribing: Anne

Assigned Tasks

  • Jorge: publish election report (a polite request rather than a task, he was not there when the request was made) -- done: Election_2014_detailed_results
  • Jeff+Anne: News item for MoU ISPRS
  • Write a Code of Conduct draft on wiki, get it voted by Charter members, put in place report addresses/forms
  • Jachym: contact Conference Committee for FOSS4G 2016 RfP -- done: mail to Board list and Frank
  • Anne: make an online poll for Board sprints -- done: mail to Board list

Motions (confirmed by email)

See email thread on the Board list.

Motion +1 0 -1 Abstain Passed? Notes
Anne: Approve past meeting's minutes 8 1 (Bart, who was not there) 0 Yes
Maxi: Put online, clearly accessible, all the OSGeo economic report at the end of each year. Format has to be established to guarantee privacy to everybody 9 0 0 Yes Treasurer should say his opinion to it as well (was not present when the motion was voted)
Jeff: Approve the Memorandum of Understanding with the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS), and to allow both organizations to work together to promote open geospatial 9 0 0 Yes No obligations/duties yet, only broad agreement
Jeff: OSGeo develops a general Code of Conduct, to apply to all foundation Board, Charter, members and events. 9 0 0 Yes To be decided: how people will report CoC violations and how OSGeo shall do when something happens

Full, raw minutes notes

IRC Log at http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2014-10-16.log
  • 13:00 Meeting starts: present Board members are Jeff, Anne, Maxi, Jachym and Jorge
  • 13:06 Motion: approve past meeting's minutes
  • 13:11 Discussion over OSGeo financial reports availability
    • Motion: put online, clearly accessible all the OSGeo economic report at the end of each year format has to be established to guarantee privacy to everybody
  • 13:21 Agenda item: FOSS4G 2016
    • FOSS4G 2016 will be in Europe and it is needed to send the RfP soon, as it requires time to find an appropriate location for ~1000 attendees
    • Task: Jachym will first contact Conference Committee to get RfP updated in one month, if there is no answer the Board will take care of updating RfP
  • 13:30 Mike joins the meeting and votes for the financial reports
  • 13:31 Agenda item: MoU ISPRS
    • General agreement over the MoU: the practical implementation of this collaboration will be done by interested people/committees of OSGeo and ISPRS
    • Motion: approve the Memorandum of Understanding with the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS), and to allow both organizations to work together to promote open geospatial
  • 13:38 Agenda item: Developing a Code of Conduct for the foundation (members, events)
    • Suggestions to take inspiration from Debian CoC and QGIS CoC, that are broad enough to fit all Foundation activities and events
    • Discussion over how strict shall the CoC be, and how to get reports about CoC violations (anonymous or not), and what to do if they happen (ban the person?)
    • Task: prepare a draft on the wiki, then let Charter members vote
  • 14:00 Select next meeting timeslot: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2014-11-13