Board Meeting 2021-06-28

From OSGeo
Revision as of 03:03, 16 August 2021 by Astrid emde (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

This board meeting is scheduled Monday 28 June 2021 at 15:00 UTC through Jitsi, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.


Current items

  1. roll call
  2. Review and approve past minutes
  3. Accept the Mesh Data Abstraction Layer (MDAL) Project as an OSGeo Community Project
  4. Update on FOSS4G 2021
  5. AGM planning - Annual_General_Meeting_2021
  6. OSGeo - HOT MOU review
  7. Update on the GSoC Org Stipend From the OSGeo GSoC Admin Team
  8. NumFocus/GDAL update


  • Presiding: Till
  • Scribing: Till
  • Attending: Angelos, Helena, Codrina, Vicky, Michele, Michael, Till, Tom (8 of 9), Astrid (later)
  • Guests: Maria (FOSS4G 2021), Ariel Antheni (FOSS4G 2021), Rajat (GSoC)

Review and approve past minutes

Accept the Mesh Data Abstraction Layer (MDAL) Project as an OSGeo Community Project

Update on FOSS4G 2021

Maria and Ariel (FOSS4G 2021) report:

  • FOSS4G Shop - If board agrees Maria will open a new FOSS4G shop and money goes directly to OSGeo. Nobody knows where money for old shop goes to
  • AGM Booked 1h for AGM, early in the morning
  • ACTION: Requests a video from Angelos about OSGeo (10 Minutes) for the opening.
  • Venueless will be used
  • Anita needs access to OSgeo bank acccount (PayPal), Micheal to do
  • Maria informs about status of programme, etc.
  • Board will receive codes for registration soon
  • Maria gives summary of the budget
  • Maria requests if board agrees on offering reduced tickets, that may reduce the outcome
  • Board agrees

AGM planning - Annual_General_Meeting_2021

  • Request for small videos and merge them together (projects, local chapters)
  • ACTION: Astrid and Angelos to make draft for the email, Angelos to send out
  • ACTION: Astrid to ask Volker Mische
  • OSGeo has a time slot
    • needs to be figured out in next meeting (July)
  • Vicky offers to cut the videos together

OSGeo - HOT MOU review

  • Angelos added it to agenda, email form Miriam and review the document
  • ACTION: Helena to copy the document to the WIKI (done)
  • approve on next meeting

NumFocus/GDAL update

  • Mike and Angelos joined the NumFocus/GDAL meeting
  • document uploaded in the nextcloud to be reviewed by board members

Update on the GSoC Org Stipend From the OSGeo GSoC Admin Team

  • Rajat send an email to participating organizations
  • 12 students will participate this year
  • Rajat asks what to do with the money google pays (400 US $)
  • GSoc will be able to present wotk on FOSs4G 2021, thanks FOSS4G 2021 team
  • Maria asks emails of participants in order to be able to add them as speakers
  • Board approves that projects can claim for the money and do what they want with it (to be better formulated by Helena and put on Loomio as a motion)
    • motion passed during meeting


  • meeting was on jitsi

Next meeting