Board Meeting 2022-12-12

From OSGeo
Revision as of 02:52, 3 January 2023 by Kalxas (talk | contribs) (→‎Renew MoU with UCGIS)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

This board meeting is scheduled Monday 12 December 2022 at 16:00 UTC through Jitsi, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.


Current items

  1. roll call
  2. appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  3. Review and approve past minutes
  4. Project trademarks update
  5. MoU Template [1]
  6. Renew MoU with UCGIS MOU_UCGIS
  7. MoU with GISwater
  8. Approve OSGeo Oceania TGP request
  9. OSGeo European Local Chapter
  10. Review Action items [2]
  11. Communicate Sponsorship opportunities for 2022-2023 [3]
  12. Add your topic here


  • Presiding: Angelos
  • Scribing: Rajat
  • Attending: Vicky, Michael, Codrina, Michele, Rajat, Angelos, Marco, Adam, Tom
  • Guests:

Review and approve past minutes

Project trademarks update

  • Financial support is required for application process
  • Support can be provided in forms of tutorials or getting started process
  • Q: Is OSGeo Trademarked? (NextCloud documents or Quickbooks)
  • Q: Is FOSS4G trademarked?
  • ACTION: Codrina to create a wiki page defining the process for getting started for the process
  • ACTION: Mike will explore the USPTO application process for Trademark (Done)

MoU Template

Renew MoU with UCGIS

  • An existing MoU gives an opportunity to negotiate
  • Board reviews and provide modifications/add to the existing MoU
    • TODO: Add Level of commitment from the participating organizations
  • ACTION: Adam to translate the existing OSGeo-UCGIS MoU to the new proposed MoU template

MoU with GISwater

  • Since GISwater has a project joining as OSGeo Community Project
  • ACTION: Codrina to draft a response to GISWater

Approve OSGeo Oceania TGP request

OSGeo European Local Chapter

  • Local Chapter would help organizations working in Europe for collaborating with OSGeo
  • ISSUE: Missing liaison for the existing OSGeo European local chapter
  • ACTION: Codrina to communicate with the existing local chapter to know the status
  • Based on the response to action, next step can be finalized; (Can a new OSGeo Europe local chapter be started?)

Review Action items

Communicate Sponsorship opportunities for 2022-2023



  • no log, a jitsi meeting

Next meeting