A special drupal instance is available for board members and staff for managing confidential information. The CiviCRM applications that are install allowed several features:
- Search for charters members, directors, officers contact information
- Review past sponsorship contributions/donations
- Create paid membership signup pages, or pages for taking donations and provide thank you gifts
- and more...
To use it, here are a few scenarios:
- Email Tyler for a registration url
- Create a user account. After being "approved" and logging in...
- Select My Contact Dashboard - this takes you to the main civicrm start screen.
- Type a name into the top left search window to lookup a person or organisation. You can then choose to see more details about them.
- Select the search menu near top left, choose Find contacts and a new form appears.
- You can press search button to list all contacts in the database
- Or you can filter it based on one of the optional dropdowns, e.g. group = board, group=charter members
- After getting a list of contacts you can select them with checkboxes, choose to do a mailout, export to CSV, etc.
- Select the contributions menu top middle, choose find contributions. Similar to above step, you can filter or just press search button to find all contributions in a tabular layout.
- If you had chosen contributions --> dashboard you get a quick summary view of all donations entered so far
There are many many more features but these are likely the ones you'll mostly be interested in.