China Chapter Report 2007
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 22:25, 24 February 2008 by Wiki-Gaoang (New page: = China Local Chapter = * Period covered by report: Jan-Dec 2007 * Contact name: Gao Ang == Key Accomplishments == * Held regulary meeting of OSGeo China chapter. * Put forward the activi...)
China Local Chapter
- Period covered by report: Jan-Dec 2007
- Contact name: Gao Ang
- Held regulary meeting of OSGeo China chapter.
- Put forward the activities of OSGeo China.
- Give lectures for the Chinese University students.
- Modify GRASS commands for data processing and analysis to C-API functions.
- Build another GRASS GUI for Linux and Windows based on QT using C-APIs, similar to QGIS and ArcMAP.
- Research and analysis Ingres database and try to enhance spatial extension.
- Strat open source project JavaPWS to implement the OGC-WPS Specification.
Areas for Improvement
- We should to present OSGeo in more areas as geomatic meetings, journals and events.
- We should to formalize the Local Chapter electing a PSC.
- We should contact with other Spanish spoken communities related with specific projects.
Opportunities to Help
- We are looking for more translators for:
- OSGeo website
- OSGeo flyers and marketing stuff
- The Journal
- People to join and debate on the mailing lists!
- If you want to start to translate into Spanish of one of the OSGeo projects, we can help as bridge to the project community
- Present OSGeo projects in your local community
Outlook for 2008
- Formalize the Local Chapter
- Improve our presence in South America
- Keep going the Free GIS Book project
- Improve translations