Conference Committee 2010 Bid Questions
The OSGeo Conference Committee would like the following information from the proposed 2010 local committees by the next IRC meeting. A representative from each of the proposed committees should be in attendance for the meeting. Responses can also be sent to the conference_dev mailing list.
- Local capabilities
- Propose more local committee members in order in improve representation
- Specify which local committee members exist on site (in Barcelona)
- re: Publication and Web: Would you be prepared to use the existing OCS package to manage the website and conference files?
- How are you going to achieve your proposed sponsorship number?
- List the organizations that will help achieve that number
- Verify that the proposed cost for Wireless Internet is correct? (it appears to be very low for that number of attendees)
- Does your existing AudioVisual budget account for extra demands of a plenary session? (such as stage setup, big screens, large projections, back draping etc.) If not please specify.
- Describe workshop venue and computer facilities
- Describe Internet connection plan for workshop and conference attendees
- Describe your program structure (such as plenary structure, how many presentations do you expect to put on, how many workshops do you expect to put on)
- Selected Date
- Provide some analysis of conflicting conferences on the global calendar and why yours are viable dates
- Describe how are you going to maximize visiblity of the conference?" (marketing plan)
- Provide a breakdown of expected local, regional and international attendance, how this will affect the budget and how you are going to approach this aspect of marketing.
- Provide sample pricing