***NOTE: This is currently a DRAFT in progress***
Diversity and the OSGeo Foundation
The Open Source Geospatial Foundation, OSGeo, supports diversity in the community, where diversity means that OSGeo community members can safely interact, contribute, share, learn, and be respected for who they are. OSGeo is large international organisation of open source geospatial community. This implies different cultural, historical and language differences. Diversity involves acceptance and respect for many differences, such as ethnicity, race, cultural traditions, religious expressions, age, gender, socio‐economic status, mental or physical ability and sexual orientation. OSGeo strives to foster growth and innovation in the geospatial industry, and diversity must be respected to reach this goal.
Where Diversity Applies in OSGeo
Diversity and its acceptance applies to anything involving the OSGeo Foundation, such as mailing lists, projects, documentation, language in code comments, code sprints and events.
Feedback and Concerns
In case, you would face other person's behaviour which would put you into unpleasant situation, or you would be present to situation, where one person would be causing discomfort to other person, always consider one or more from following options:
- raise direct protest against the person, who is causing your discomfort - talk to each other
- ask around present friends directly for help - you are never alone, others will always help you
- contact event stuff, members of the LOC, volunteers - there are there at your hand and usually know what to do
- contact anybody from the OSGeo Board of Directors either personally or per e-mail, private and in confidence, at board-priv(at)osgeo(dot)org
- you can also contact the President of OSGeo directly at president(at)osgeo(dot)org
- contact local police officer, if you think it is appropriate