The 2013 OSGeo the Charter Members election will take place in July 2013, followed by the Board nominations and elections in August so that new board members have a chance to meet face-to-face at FOSS4G in Nottingham, UK in September.
- 1 Charter Member Election
- 2 Board Election
Charter Member Election
As every year we are electing new Charter Members into the Foundation.
- See the official list of Charter Members as of 2012.
- Full details of the Membership Process.
- The New Member Nominations 2012 provide an illustration.
- The role of the Chief Returning Officer.
Nominate new Charter Members: 2013-07-09 to 2013-07-23 (2 weeks)
- Please confirm with the nominated person first!
- Please email email@example.com with their name, contact email and paragraph describing why you are recommending this person as a Charter Member
- Please also feel free to cc: the nomination to the OSGeo discussion list - firstname.lastname@example.org - so the community can be nudged along and have a sense of what is going on.
- The list of nominees will be compiled at: New Member Nominations 2013
Nominated Member Introductions
- During the period between a nomination and the start of the election, charter member nominees are encouraged to introduce themselves on the OSGeo discussion list (email@example.com).
Vote for new Charter Members: 2013-07-25 to 2013-08-01 (1 week)
All 2013 nominees were accepted into Charter Membership by common consent (see results below).
Final Status: 2013-08-02
- As per OSGeo bylaws we are free to add between 10% and one third of the existing charter membership. With 144 existing members in 2012 this means between 14 and 48 new members. Update: During Board_Meeting_2013-07-11 the OSGeo Board decided to accept 30 new Charter Members for 2013; however on 2013-07-29 the Board decided to accept all 37 nominations.
- The new charter members for 2013 are (in alphabetical order):
- Sergio Acosta y Lara (Uruguay)
- Eli Adam (USA)
- Till Adams (Germany)
- Dan Ames (USA)
- Peter Baumann (Germany)
- Just van den Broecke (The Netherlands)
- Yann Chemin (Sri Lanka)
- Silvana Comboin (Brazil)
- Paolo Corti (Italy)
- Phillip Davis (USA)
- Maxim Dubinin (Russia)
- Ian Edwards (United Kingdom)
- Dirk Frigne (Belgium)
- Alessandro Furieri (Italy)
- Taichi FURUHASHI (Japan)
- Micho García (Spain)
- Codrina Maria Ilie (Romania)
- Nobusuke IWASAKI (Japan)
- Marc Jansen (Germany)
- Borys Jurgiel (Poland)
- Daniel Kastl (Germany)
- Helmut Kudrnovsky (Austria)
- Harish Kumar Solanki (India)
- Marco Lechner (Germany)
- Minpa Lee (Korea)
- Mark,Leslie (Australia)
- Daniel McInerney (Ireland)
- Volker Mische (Germany)
- Sarawut NINSAWAT (Thailand)
- Vincent Picavet (France)
- François Prunayre (France)
- Maria Arias de Reyna (Spain)
- Pekka Sarkola (Finland)
- Yoichi SEINO (Japan)
- Tuong Thuy VU (Malaysia)
- Nikos Ves (Greece)
- Nathan Woodrow (Australia)
- The full list of nominees is at New Member Nominations 2013
- Following the Board Election Procedure there are 4 seats up for election this year.
- Peter Batty, Michael Gerlek, and Mark Lucas have reached the end of their 2-year term, Jáchym Čepický has reached the end of his 1 year interim term. Board members wishing to stand in the 2013 election must receive a nomination, like any other candidate.
- xxx is planning to stand for re-election if he gets a nomination.
- Michael Gerlek is not standing for re-election.
- Peter Batty is not standing for re-election.
- Continuing Board members who have another year to serve are
Nominate new Board Members - 2013-08-05 - 2012-08-20 (2 weeks)
- Please confirm with the person that they would like to stand for election as a Board member.
- Email a nomination, consisting of name, current country of residence and a paragraph describing why you think this person would make a good Board member, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 (your time zone) on Tuesday 20 August 2013
- Remember that only the Charter Members are eligible for a seat on the Board and voting but that anybody can nominate a board member.
- The final list will be collected at Board Member Nominations 2013
Vote for new Board Members - 2013-08-23 - 2013-09-06
- Only Charter Members are eligible to vote.
- Choose from Board Member Nominations 2013 list.
- Email email@example.com with a list of names up to 4 lines long (one vote per board slot).
- You can cast up to 4 votes, for 4 different people. Multiple votes for one person will be counted as one vote!
- Voting closes at 23:59 (your timezone) 6 September 2013.
- Results will be posted at Board Election 2013 Results on 7 September 2013.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.