FOSS4G 2011 Code Sprint
Code Sprint - what's that?
A code sprint is about getting a group together to work on Open Source software, sitting around a table and sharing ideas. It's not just about writing code, as you know a project has many needs including documentation, testing, and providing feedback. What a better way to give feedback and give back to the project that you love than to spend a day with the project's developers. There are roles needed to be filled, no matter what your expertise.
With such a short timeframe (one day) you should probably use this page to set a specific goal for your project. But don't worry, if all you get done is actually sitting at the same table with the project's developers and talking about the next release, that is also great :)
For map and more details see
- Date: Saturday September 17th, 2011 (the day after the conference).
- Time: 9am-5pm (timeandate)
- Where: Tivoli Student Union building (a former brewery), Auraria Campus
Tivoli Student Union 900 Auraria Parkway Denver, CO OSM map
- Rooms: (each room has a 60-70 person capacity)
- room 440/540 (bilevel)
- room 640
What to Bring
- power bars (only outlets for 30 computers exist)
How to get there from the Sheraton
- it seems to be 2 miles away...committee is discussing this...or, write you recommended method here.
Please! contact organizers: Rafael Moreno, or Jeff McKenna
- ask on the foss4g2011 mailing list (subscribe)
Additional Interested People
The following people are potentially interested in participating in sprinting activities though have not yet established a Workgroup.
To participate, copy a project skeleton and start a section below for your project.
- your goals
- Volker Mische
- Making MapQUery more awesome
- Talk to OpenLayers 3 people about the future