FOSS4G 2011 Denver Attendance Projections
"Accurate" attendance projections are extremely important to the early success of a conference the size of FOSS4G.
- GDP as proxy
- Number of Code Contributors
- Which projects?
One of the biggest decisions is what venue to hold the conference. Venues with larger capacities have a higher per-attendee cost. If we can come up with a reasonable range of number of attendees, we can make a better decision about the venue. The availability of a particular venue can also impact dates.
In Denver, there are several prospective venues:
- Colorado Convention Center can handle up to 5000 people
- Denver Sheraton can handle up to 3000 people
- Denver Tech Center Marriott can handle up to 1500 people
- Denver Tech Center Hyatt Regency can handle up to 1350 people
- [http://www.marriott.com/hotels/event-planning/travel/densa-renaissance-denver-hotel/ Denver Rennaissance
- Sheraton Denver West can hadle 750 people
- Inverness Hotel and Conference Center can handle 600 people