FOSS4G 2012 To-Do List
This is the to-do list for the preparation of OSGeo's 2012 global conference, FOSS4G 2012 Beijing.
(together with the sub-lists it points to) serves as a detail list of plans and issues. It's encouraged to add minor issues or notes to this list, but please do your best to keep it clean and organized. For important and stand-alone issues, make sure you post it on the FOSS4G 2012 mailing list as well.
This page is designed primarily for those outside the LOC. The LOC may use other means to keep track of things that must be done locally.
If you're not a member of the community yet but interested in the conference and would like to contribute to the preparation/organizing or related tasks, your kindness would be very much appreciated. Please subscribe to the mailing list mentioned above and introduce yourself to the community first.
General and High-Level
Spread the Word
- The success of FOSS4G 2012 Beijing, as of any public conference, relies heavily upon its attendances. Any one who's interested in open and free geospatial software technology, the current research and development, or its various applications are welcomed to come to the conference, and very importantly, promote FOSS4G 2012 to those who share similar interests. The conference will be successful and inspirational if there are enough people to make it this way.
- To spread the word, you can:
- Talk to friends, schoolmates and coworkers who you know in person.
- Use FOSS4G solutions for your work or school, and show people the potential.
- Write about the conference for your blog or social networking service.
- Use your power at your business or school to rise the awareness. For example, update you company's internal calendar and add FOSS4G 2012. Make sure that what you do is appropriate and goes well with the regulations of the place.
- Provide financial or other forms of support if you're in the position to make such decisions.
- The FOSS4G conference needs financial support from sponsors in order to function well. There are many geospatial-related businesses out there who would value such an opportunity to reach a group of active users and developers of geospatial software. But they need to get the message first.
- To get sponsors, you can:
- Contact potential sponsors to make them aware of the opportunity.
- Show people how much OSGeo and FOSS4G has achieved in the past.
- Talk about the plans of this year's conference and potential attendances.
- Make your own business a sponsor if possible.
FOSS4G 2012 Beijing Website
The official website of FOSS4G 2012 is 2012.foss4g.org. Up-date plans and issues found are listed here.
Need Update or Expansion
Typo and Minor Issues