FOSS4G 2021 Bid Process
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 23:04, 4 June 2019 by Tadams (Created page with "= Basics = * FOSS4G 2021 will most likely be held in North America. ** [http://2019.foss4g.org FOSS4G 2019] will be in Bucharest, Romania ** [http://2020.foss4g.org FOSS4G 20...")
- FOSS4G 2021 will most likely be held in North America.
- "Letters of Intent" will be accepted from potential Local Organizing Committees (LOC) from "Other Regions" - these are all parts of the world excluding Europe and North America. If there are no submissions from groups outside Europe and North America, letters from these regions will then be solicited.
- Regardless whether one or more letter(s) of intent are received, the Conference Committee members will vote. The vote procedure for 2021 is as follows: Every member of CC votes on every LoI. LoI's that receive more than 50% of "thumbs up"-votes will pass stage 1.
- Selected letters will be invited to prepare a full bid based on the usual RFP process.
- A proposal outlining budget, potential sponsors, LOC members, and venue costs will be required, even if only one letter is received.
- Based on experiences from the past years, we would like to stress the following tasks:
- OSGeo anticiates a Travel Grant program. For this there is a budget from OSGeo, but we expect the bidder to further collect money for TGP and to offer free or at least reduced passes for grantees.
- The bid should stress the alignment with OSGeo values as given in OSGeo's CoC and contain hints on a conference CoC
Summary of Important Dates (AoE)
|Release RFP:||2019 September 6.|
|Letters of Intent (Stage 1) due:||2019 October 4.|
|Stage 1 question period:||2019 October 5. to 2018 October 13.|
|Stage 1 decision:||2019 October 18.|
|Proposals (Stage 2) due:||2019 November 22.|
|Stage 2 question period:||2019 November 23. to 2019 December 06.|
|Voting Period:||2019 December 07. to 2019 December 13.|
|Selection of host city announced||2019 December 18.|
Letters of Intent
- Accepted until October 4, 2019
- Limited to two pages
- Read the RFP document (below) and answer the following questions:
- Who is your conference chair?
- Who else is on your LOC?
- What is your venue?
- What makes FOSS4G in your proposed location compelling?
Letter of Intent Review
- Letters of Intent were received from the following local committees:
- Questions will be asked of LOCs on conference_dev 2019 October 5. to 2018 October 13. - be prepared to answer the questions ASAP!
- Conference committee will vote and results announced on 2019 October 18.
- Letters with more than 50% thumbs up will be passed on to the proposal stage.
- If there are no qualified letters from the priority region, then additional regions will be considered or solicited.
Bid Process Stage One
List of voters for Stage One
- Eli Adam
- Till Adams
- Peter Batty
- David Bitner
- Maria Brovelli
- Vasile Craciunescu
- Steven Feldman
- Gavin Fleming
- Darrell Fuhriman
- Claude Philipona
- Venkatesh Raghavan
- Paul Ramsey
- Sanghee Shin
- Guido Stein
- Michael Terner
- Msilikale Msilanga
- Mark Iliffle
- NN (potential new member from BLOC 2019)
Result for Stage One
Proposals were received from the following local committees: