Difference between revisions of "FOSS4G 2023 Bid Process"
(Created page with "= Basics = * FOSS4G 2023 bid is open for all the countries in the world. ** [http://2019.foss4g.org FOSS4G 2019] was in Bucharest, Romania ** [http://2019.foss4g.org FOSS4G 2...")
|Line 72:||Line 72:|
! Selection of host city announced
! Selection of host city announced
| 2022 April
| 2022 April .
Revision as of 05:23, 12 January 2022
- FOSS4G 2023 bid is open for all the countries in the world.
- "Letters of Intent" will be accepted from potential Local Organizing Committees (LOC) from all the countries in the world.
- Regardless whether one or more letter(s) of intent are received, the Conference Committee members will vote. The vote procedure for 2023 is as follows: Every member of CC votes on every LoI. LoI's that receive more than 50% of "thumbs up"-votes will pass stage 1.
- Selected letters will be invited to prepare a full bid based on the usual RFP process.
- A proposal outlining budget, potential sponsors, LOC members, and venue costs will be required, even if only one letter is received.
- Based on experiences from the past years, we would like to stress the following tasks:
- OSGeo anticipates a Travel Grant program. There is a budget from OSGeo, but we expect the bidder to further collect money for TGP and to offer free or at least reduced passes for grantees.
- The bid should stress the alignment with OSGeo values as given in OSGeo's CoC and contain hints on a conference CoC
Voters on RfP 2023
# Maria Brovelli # Till Adams # Steven Feldman # David Bitner # Paul Ramsey # Eli Adam # Vasile Crăciunescu # Michael Terner # Peter Batty # Sanghee Shin # Mark Iliffe # Darrell Fuhriman # Gavin Fleming # Claude Philipona # Msilikale Msilanga # Guido Stein # María Arias de Reyna
CRO's on RfP 2023
CRO's will receive the votes for both stages and send the final results (but no counts!) to the chair of the committee. This year we are happy to have Arnulf and Codrina on board.
Summary of Important Dates (AoE)
|Release RFP:||2022 January 12.|
|Letters of Intent (Stage 1) due:||2022 February 1.|
|Stage 1 question period:||2022 February 2. to 2022 February 10.|
|Stage 1 polling Period:||2022 February 11. to 2022 February 17.|
|Stage 1 decision announcement:||2022 February 18.|
|Proposals (Stage 2) due:||2022 March 31.|
|Stage 2 question period:||2022 April 1. to 2022 April 15.|
|Voting Period:||2022 April 16. to 2022 April 24.|
|Selection of host city announced||2022 April 27.|
Letters of Intent
- Accepted until February 1, 2022
- Limited to three pages
- Read the RFP document (below) and answer the following questions:
1. Who is your conference chair?
2. Who is on your local organizing committee (LOC)?
3. What is the experience of your committee members with similar events?
4. What is your proposed venue? (include access to Internet, room sizes, maximum attendees)
5. What are your provisional dates for the conference?
6. Early thoughts on prices of conference attendance? (indicative estimates)
7. What is the price range and general location of your proposed accommodations? (hotels)
8. Are you partnering with other organizations? (e.g. local entities or other events like HOT OSM Summit)
9. What makes FOSS4G in your proposed location and with your team compelling?
10. What are your COVID-19 safety plans? What will you do if travel is significantly restricted in 2023? What is your financial strategy to make the event sustainable in this complex situation?
Letter of Intent Review
- Letters of Intent were received from the following local committees:
- Questions will be asked of LOCs on conference_dev 2022 February 2 to 2022 February 10 - be prepared to answer the questions ASAP!
- Conference committee will vote and results announced on 2022 February 18.
- Letters with more than 50% thumbs up will be passed on to the proposal stage.
Results Stage One
Bid Process Stage Two
Proposals were received from the following local committees: