Face to Face Meeting Boston 2017
Face-to-face meeting during FOSS4G 2017 in Boston.
When and Where
- Monday August 14, 18:00
- location: Flagship B Room at the Seaport Hotel
- Maria Brovelli
- Vasile Craciunescu
- Helena Mitasova
- Jody Garnett
- Angelos Tzotsos (remotely)
- add yourself
- Brief report from FOSS4G2017 LOC (important for the "future of foss4g" discussion item)
- appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
- Approve last meeting minutes?
- Payment of travel expenses arrangements, refund for free registration (vote needed on the later?)
- Discuss and approve pending MoUs and CLA
- Vote on funding requests
- OSGeo Journal issue with FOSS4G Bonn papers: $1200 for layout and proofing
- OSGeo and FOSS4G Conferences
- cost: Vasile report, discussion
- See also Finance_Operational_Notes#Historical_Overview (I'm not able to attend the meeting or conference but that would be my input. -Eli)
- OSGeo Project Status
- Report from Maxi and Jeff, Jeff invited to present
- Project by project recommendations
- Project categories, see Comparison
- System admin committee coordination - invitation extended to Alex Mandel (move as needed when Alex comes)
- 2017 elections
We invite board members not present at the Paris F2F Meeting to revisit their initial goals at elected representatives (to provide context for the days discussion).
The overall goal of the meeting is to coordinate two "hot topics" for the OSGeo community: event attendance costs and OSGeo project health.
We should leave this meeting with clear guidance for the subsequent board and affected committees on these two issues.