GDAL SoC Ideas
Jump to navigation Jump to search
GDAL/OGR Related ideas for the Google Summer of Code 2007:
- Write an OGC WMS driver, likely somewhat modelled on the WCS driver implementation.
- Implement a raster reader/writer for KML.
- Implement vector KML reading.
- Generally implement new file format drivers for geospatial raster or vector formats not already supported by GDAL/OGR.
- Implement GeoPNG/GeoJPEG by embeding coordinate system and geotransformation information (possibly in GML) as chunks in PNG and JPEG files (see GML JP2 for a model of how this might be done).
- Extend the OGR SQL parser to support some OGC SQL spatial function operators.