GDAL SoC Ideas
Jump to navigation Jump to search
GDAL/OGR Related ideas for the Google Summer of Code 2007:
- Write an OGC WMS (Web Map Service) driver, likely somewhat modelled on the WCS driver implementation.
- Extend the existing KML vector feature writer to also support reading KML, and otherwise generalize this driver.
- Implement a raster reader/writer for KML. -- I am particularly interested in this, tiling should follow TMS standard alternatively Zoomify structure, KML with Regions will be generated for EPSG:4326. My Master thesis cover simmilar subjects. I am going to publish some webpage about my ideas for this project. I am seeking a mentor. Klokan 12:49, 15 March 2007 (CET)
- Implement GeoPNG/GeoJPEG by embeding coordinate system and geotransformation information (possibly in GML) as chunks in PNG and JPEG files (see GML JP2 for a model of how this might be done).
- OGR WFS read driver using existing OGR GML driver for feature parsing.
- Design a SAR (Synthetic Aperture RADAR) "Processor" using GDAL as a data reader/processed data writer
- Provide enhancements to relevant drivers (and potentially write new drivers) for reading new/common unprocessed SAR data sources, including metadata support where needed
- Implement an end-to-end Range-Doppler Algorithm processor for platforms where processing details are available