Difference between revisions of "GSoC 2009 WMS Tiling Cache support in gvSIG"
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
[[Luis W. Sevilla]] (melange id: ''luisw'')
[[Google Summer of Code]]
Revision as of 21:27, 1 June 2009
About the Author
I am a GSoC 2009 student joining in gvSIG project of OSGeo Organization. My GSoC 2009 project is to implement WMS Tiling Cache support in gvSIG.
- chauncey.chan at gmail dot com
- Skype user: chauncey.chen
- Luis W. Sevilla (melange id: luisw)
WMS Tiling Cache support in gvSIG Project
Aim of the project
WMS_Tile_Caching has been defined within OSGeo, with a WMS_Tiling_Client_Recommendation. The aim of the proposal is to add WMS Tiling Cache support to gvSIG, in order to allow the loading of this kind of layers (WMS-Cache).
- First designing raster tile support in gvSIG core.
- Adding a new renderer on the same Map Control.
- It should be defined the way a tile layer is going to be integrated with the rest of layers, attending to discrete zoom levels.
- Management of multiple tile layers with possibly different zoom levels.