GeoMajas Incubation Status
IncCom Document Number: X
The project representative and mentor will use this template to inform the IncCom of the project status on a periodic basis. The state of the project, as reported using this template, will be the initial indication that a project is reaching graduation.
Terms and Definitions
- Has the project been approved for incubation by the OSGeo board?
- Has an Incubation Mentor been assigned to the project?
- Paul Spencer
- Pieter De Graef has been assigned by the Geomajas project as formal contact with the project.
Note, for each of the following it isn't necessary to move to foundation infrastructure, but if you aren't a reason should be provided.
- Has the projectname.osgeo.org domain been populated with the projects web presence?
- Analogous to the other OSGeo projects, a project description page has been created: http://www.osgeo.org/geomajas
- Is the OSGeo bug tracker being used for the project?
- The Geomajas project already has a JIRA issue tracker set up. Currently there are no plans to migrate. The Geomajas PSC has full control over this issue tracker (including user management, project management, ...), and it also has a long history. The history is important, and also, a migration would take quite some time for which noone on the Geomajas PSC has time available atm.
- Is the OSGeo mailing list manager (http://lists.osgeo.org/) being used for the project?
- Geomajas currently has 3 mailing lists: a technical list, an automated issues list and an automated commit list. The technical list is hosted by Geosparc (see technical mailing list). The other 2 are hosted on sourceforge. There is no real reason why the technical mailing list can't be migrated to OSGeo, provided that the entire history can easily be migrated as well (also on markmail, nabble, etc...)
- Is the OSGeo SVN being used for the project?
- The Geomajas project already has a SVN set up. There have been some discussion around moving to GIT, but nothing concreet has come out of it.
- Are binary and source downloads available from http://download.osgeo.org ?
- Geomajas makes use of the Maven distribution system. All files can be found in the Geomajas Maven repository (http://maven.geomajas.org). Instead of downloading, users are encouraged to follow the getting started guide.
- Packaged downloads of the demo application are stored on Sourceforge. Sourceforge provides easy access, and has excellent statistics. Keep in mind that this is a demo, not the core Geomajas library itself.
- Is there a functioning user support mechanisms (ie. mailing list)?
- The Geomajas project website features a forum for end-user questions.
- For developers, there is a technical mailing list.
- For contributors, there is a issue mailing list onto which all JIRA issue changes are published.
- For contributors, there is also a commit mailing list onto which all SVN commits are automatically published. There is also a Hudson present who makes hourly builds, and publishes it's findings on the commit mailing list.
- Are source and binary downloads for the package available?
- Packaged downloads are stored on Sourceforge
- Geomajas maven repositories:
- Has a Project Steering Committee been formed, and given control of the project?
- The Geomajas project has set up a governing body, called the Project Steering Committee (PSC). See Geomajas PSC
- Does the Project Steering Committee have documentation on project procedures for PSC decisions, contributor guidelines, etc.
- Project procedures regarding new proposals, or PSC changes: see Geomajas PSC
- Contributor guidelines, see: contributor guide
- How many active developers are there? Are they from multiple organizations?
- At the moment of writing, 9 people have signed a CLA . These people work for the following companies: Geosparc nv, DFC Software Engineering, BeanPole and FKS.
- Detailed information, see spreadsheet
- Have project documents been updated to reflect membership in the foundation, and the relationship of the project to the foundation?
- The Geomajas website clearly indicates OSGeo membership, through a banner at the top of each page.
- Has an effort been made to brand the project web site with OSGeo foundation web styling and branding marks?
- The banner of the Geomajas project website contains an OSGeo logo, that links to the OSGeo website.
Code Copyright Review
- Has a Code Provenance Review document been prepared for the project?
- yes - GeoMajas_Provenance_Review
- Have issues raised in the provenance review been adequately addressed?
- Q: Paul, could you give your opinion here?
- Are Commiter Responsibilities Guidelines covering legal issues in place?
- In general, see: contributor guide
- All contributors has signed a Contributor License Agreement.