Geodata Committee Fifteenth Meeting
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Time and Date
Postponed! until Thursday, 25th October 2007 at 1700UTC / 1800 UK / 1900 EU / 1300 East Coast / 1000 West Coast
- New Geodata Committee chair / governance structure.
- Revisit optimal meeting day of week / time
- Mission Statement -- Does it need work?
- Geodata Repository index - what is to be done?
- Updates on latest installations on the telascience.org systems
- Discussion of "OSGeo Data Projects"
- Please add more
- Jo Walsh
- David Bitner
- Chris Schmidt
- Dave Patton
- Lorenzo Becchi
- Norman Vine
- Martin Spott
- Jo stepped down as chair of the committee. David Bitner steps in as chair.
- Many thanks to Jo for getting this committee off the ground.
- Meeting times
* we should try to have monthly scheduled meeting * Bitner will try to find some web 2.0 scheduler and post to the mailing list to find a new time
- Mission Statement and Workgroups
* Rework workgroups to try to capture energy * Mission statement needs some thinking * Members encouraged to bring thoughts up to mailing list
- Geodata Repository Index
* Make GeoNetwork Install Priority * Lorenzo volunteered to be point person to follow GN activity
- Telascience activity
- Geodata Project Incubation for projects that mix software and data
* Leave incubation to the incubation committee * Geodata Committee can help to find hosting for data sets and can support making data available through appropriate standards