Geodata Licensing Working Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 14:44, 3 April 2006 by Wiki-JoWalsh (talk | contribs) (→Existing and related projects)
This is a project of the Public Geospatial Data Committee
The right to reuse and redistribute publically accessible bodies of data needs to be clear. This group can help provide guidelines for public geodata licensing, both of community-contributed and state-collected bodies of data.
- Provision of clear guidelines for licenses, and the implications of their uses, for people contributing data to geospatial web / GSDI efforts.
- Potential work on a draft LPGL license to complement the draft PGL.
- Jo Walsh
- Schuyler Erle
- Perry Nacionales (Jo and Schuyler need company :)
- your name here
- Geodata Commons
- Open Knowledge Definition survey of open license stances, a superset of this effort.
- Public Geodata License
- OpenStreetmap Legal FAQ
- Public Commons of Geographic Data - Research and Development Challenges (PDF) - discusses IP issues
- Licensing Geographic Data and Services - book with some sample PDFs - cf Section 3, Chapter 9