Google Summer of Code 2008 Administrative
Central page for administering OSGeo participation in Google Summer of Code 2008.
- Wolf Bergenheim will act as Administrative contact, with support from Frank Warmerdam.
- Google documentation on the program is at: http://code.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?topic=10442
- There is also a Google Wiki page about the program: http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/WikiStart
- Last years GSoC submission: http://code.google.com/soc/2007/osgeo/about.html
- Last years GSoC page: Google Summer of Code 2007
- Mentoring HOWTO: http://primates.ximian.com/~federico/docs/summer-of-code-mentoring-howto/index.html
- Advice for Mentors from the Google Wiki: http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/AdviceforMentors
- March 3rd: Project applications will be accepted
- March 17th: OSGeo has been accepted as a Google Summer of Code 2008 Mentoring Organization!
- March 24th: Student applications
Project Ideas Lists
Please link project specific proposed projects here:
- GDAL SoC Ideas
- GRASS SoC Ideas
- Mapbender SoC ideas 2008
- OpenLayers & Mapbuilder SoC Ideas
- Quantum GIS SoC Ideas
- MapServer 2008 SOC Ideas
- Laval University/CamptoCamp 2008 SoC ideas
- GeoServer SoC 2008
- GeoTools SoC 2008
- uDig SoC 2008
these need updating!
The "Student Landing Page" is Google Summer of Code Ideas.
How to register as a mentor
- Add your name, and google account information to the mentor list in the Wiki (or get your project leader to do that for you)
- Login to your Google Account.
- Start registration by reviewing and accepting the Google program Terms of Service.
- Once you have accepted the Terms of Service, you should automatically be redirected to the mentor dashboard.
- Click on the "My Profile" link in the left hand navigation menu. Please update your personal information.
- At the bottom of the profile page, there will be a list of all organizations accepted into the program. Click the checkbox next to OSGeo and submit by clicking the "Become a Mentor" button.
- Subscribe to the OSGeo SoC mailinglist
Each accepted Soc Project should be listed here, and the page should be updated with information about the progress of the project.