Google Summer of Code 2015 Improvements
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page collects suggestions and ideas for improvement of OSGeo Google Summer of Code
- Selection of the students : the submission of at least a non trivial patch should be made compulsory by the mentors in order to see if the student is familiar enough with the coding environment and the software.
- Foster collaboration among geo-related GSoC, cross link like-minded projects from wiki page etc.. See here
- Wrap up: It is important to create the 'results' wiki page year by year, otherwise we lose track of the work done so far. Also good to ask the students to make a slide and write a paragraph, addressed to the broader community, in order to showcase the projects to people that have not followed the progresses of the students. Something like this. The slides can be used at the mentors summit.
- Wiki pages related to GSoC: Try to avoid duplicates, maintain all general info in single pages rather than annual pages repeating always the same: e.g. recommendations to students, etc.
- Add your idea here: Explain it here.