Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 00:12, 10 May 2012 by Wiki-HamishBowman (talk | contribs) (Undo revision 62301 by Techrahul (talk) SPAM)
At it's formation, the Open Source Geospatial Foundation agreed it was important that it be very international, and represent and weld together Open Source geospatial activities around the globe. A lot has aready been achieved with the creation of formal Local Chapters and less formalized local activities.
- OSGeo Portal Translations Some content has already been translated into several languages.
- Organizing translation of documents, see also Educational Content Inventory
- identifying Like Minded Regional Organizations, and making recommendations on how OSGeo ought to relate to them.
- Creating non-english mailing lists and local news pages.
- Supporting translation of software packages, see Software Translation Portal
- Publicizing projects: flyer
- OSGeo appearance at conferences and other activities: see Current events
If a local area group is interested in having a local discuss list, please see Requesting an Area Mailing List.